PDA

View Full Version : Commuting from LHR to BFS

Seabiscuit
22nd Aug 2005, 14:52
Hey everybody,
Recently i've got a job flying the 777 based in London. Having lived in the south of England for the past 6 months I am now thinking of moving back to N.Ireland and commuting to LHR. I'm sure im not the first and wont be the last to do this. I was wondering how easy it is to do this? How reliable and expensive are BMI (no disrespect meant)? and is it easy to get standby travel on the BFS-LHR route r are the generally full?

eastern wiseguy
22nd Aug 2005, 20:51
Seabiscuit...as you will(probably) know you have but ONE choice from LHR and that is Bmi flying LHR-BHD. In my experience (as a BFS TMA controller) they keep pretty good time. They do however suffer from an early departure from LHR (circa 1930) as their last flight of the evening. Other than that they seem good.....busy busy busy though(as far as bums on seats are concerned).

hushkit77
23rd Aug 2005, 13:47
there are a good few flights every day though they do seem quite full when they pile off the 'bus'. Try this (http://www.flybmi.com/bmi/en-gb/planandbook/timetables/timetables.aspx) for the times !!

jayteeto
23rd Aug 2005, 18:22
Dunhovrin is an old friend of mine who regularly does this commute. PM him, I am sure he will give good advice