PDA

View Full Version : Scotia & Bristows Private Forum - PPruNe answer

100%RPM
4th Jul 2001, 00:54
Hi guys:

Here you have the message I got from PPruNe about our forum.

"I'm sorry to say that at the moment we can't start up any more private forums but may be in a position to sometime in the future.

Something to bear in mind : for a private forum to be successful, it really needs at least 100 people willing to actively participate or else it fairly quickly dies. If one of the current private forums does this so that we then have the space for a Bristow/Scotia forum, I will let you know.

Best regards,
Mik Butler
aka PPRuNe Dispatcher"

So it seems that we'll need to wait a while to materialise this idea.

One way around is to set up an e-group, which will give us a similar result, maintaining our Scotia-Bristow group privacy.

If you consider that the number of people interested and the subjects to talk about are high and wide enought to organise an e-group outside the PPruNe web page, please drop a line. That would be an option to get people together while we wait for PPruNe to have some 'space' for our forum, and keep the momentum we have now.

On the other hand, if you think that the frequency and number of people interested will be low, just keep using the 'Rotorhead' forum for casual discussion.

I'm listening out

Happy flight :)

[This message has been edited by 100%RPM (edited 04 July 2001).]

roundwego
4th Jul 2001, 13:13
Thanks for your efforts 100%rpm. I have to say that I don't like the idea of using pprune for for some of the stuff which was being posted. We are going through a very difficult time at the moment and I think that some of the rantings and ravings should have been kept "in house". Not that I have any objections to people airing their views - this is very healthy. I just think we should be a little bit more discrete in certain areas.

Tuckunder
4th Jul 2001, 22:46
Well done 100%rpm. Count me in if and when we get a forum.

Doc Cameron
5th Jul 2001, 20:39
Count me in too, whether a PPRUNE or 'other' forum, the idea has it's merits.

PPRuNe Towers
9th Jul 2001, 06:11
Genuinely sorry about this guys. We had to send the same reply to CHC.

Nearly seventy forums means our admin load keeping the site running is collosal. Please try to remember we run the entire site in our spare time. Personally, I'm in the low cost fixed wing sector and I'm working the full 900 flying hours per year plus maxed out on duty hours as well. I am acutely aware of the problems facing you as 7 or 8 of your former colleagues are working their way through our company's training system.

As soon as we find a way to finance some full time assistance the situation will change but until then it has to be a case of be patient or seek another avenue for communications.

Regards from the Towers
Rob Lloyd
[email protected]

PS As a supreme case of irony the entire concept of PPRuNe was offered to BALPA six years ago. They didn't think it would work...........

[ 09 July 2001: Message edited by: PPRuNe Towers ]

[ 09 July 2001: Message edited by: PPRuNe Towers ]