PDA

View Full Version : EGLL WOBUN Dep approx1715 Local

None of the above
21st Aug 2005, 17:38
Could I once again prevail upon fellow PPRuNers to help me with another operator ident, please?

The aircraft was a B777 with blue engine nascelles and lower fuselage. The tail fin - as far as I could see - had a blue 'spotted' appearance. There was some sign writing on the forward fuselage above the cheat line but even with a pair of half decent binoculars it wasn't readable.

As on the previous occasion I made a query on these lines, I was doing a bit of bird watching, but that afternoon didn't see anything of note with the exception of a JAL B747 in an unfamiliar colour scheme. (Thanks go to ETOPS and ALLDAYDELI for that one). On this occasion I have at least seen a Buzzard!

Thanks in advance,

N o t a

halo
21st Aug 2005, 18:00
Hi none,

The JAL B744, if it was silver, is one of their cargo ones. It comes and goes quite regularly... Looks a bit like an American Airlines aircraft.

The blue and white B777 is more than likely one in the new United colour scheme. There are a few of them popping into Heathrow every now and again. Looks almost retro but quite nice none the less :)

Hope that answers your question

None of the above
21st Aug 2005, 18:16
Thanks for that halo..........

When I was composing the post I considered describing the blue lower fuselage as being similar to United's colour scheme!

Much obliged and thanks again.

N o t a

PS Just ventured into the unknown territory that is Airliners.net and found a couple of examples of the new livery.

The JAL B747 thread is here: http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=184553

ALLDAYDELI
23rd Aug 2005, 17:52
There is a STAR Alliance livered UA B772. I have only seen it once at the 'Row. Any elese mangage to spot it?
That is basically Blue & White (a bit like Varig) but has large united titles and all the other star alliance members in smaller type. It is not quite like their new livery but another STAR Alliance version.

Dominic Nortney
30th Aug 2005, 11:59
Could be a BAT7 don't forget. The blue underside, blue engines, writing above the cheat line, and there is blue on the tail.

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/909013/L/