View Full Version : Issue of license UK CAA

Dimiair
21st Aug 2005, 10:36
Hi there,

Is there anybody who can inform me about processing time to get a UK JAA fATPL licence issued?

I only have a UK CAA (medical) reference number. Except from that they have records of the 14 atpl exams I've passed.

I have the

*cpl mel + sel skill test report form
*radio tel. test report form
*ir add on for the cpl mel skill test report form (based on conversion faa cpl mel-ir)

I'm planning to deliver everything myself at Gatwick with a hugh Pie! Hoping that they are able to issue my licence before the first of October....

Is there a sort of 'speed up' fee?

Thanks in advance..

IRRenewal
21st Aug 2005, 22:24
have a look here (http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?categoryid=137) and you should be able to work out how long it takes.

willby
22nd Aug 2005, 00:49
Hi,
There is no PDQ service but their normal sevice is 10 working days from receipt of application if all the paperwork is in order. If they are extra busy it may take a little longer but you shouldn't have a problem with your October 1 st deadline.
Make sure you have approval certs for your FTO and Examiner certs if they are not CAA approved.
Regards
Willby

mad_jock
22nd Aug 2005, 16:58
If you are starting a job you can try and get a letter off your employer which should allow you to queue jump.

I have heard of it working but i suspect it was more an old boys network thing than any offical system.

MJ

sawotanao
23rd Aug 2005, 22:41
I handed in my cpl, mep & ir application at Gatwick, got it back exactly 10 days ( incl of weekend) . No probs. Make sure your medical is valid and you take a passport for ID........Oh & your cheque book:ok: