PDA

View Full Version : SAA, and OTHER PEOPLES MONEY

I.R.PIRATE
21st Aug 2005, 09:52
Hi there all...just wanted to thank SAA and their bunch of selfish spoilt little brat workers.

I was ferrying an extremely slow, fuel guzzling lady back to SA earlier this week. Working under quite a deadline due to many factors, we landed in Mfuwe only to be told that there is no Jet A-1 available. Not having a clearance to go elsewhere, we entered into serious negotiations with the ATC there, who managed to get us a clearance to go to Ndola. This would entail us landing in Ndola with approx 100lbs of fuel on board.....:ugh: After spending approx 3 hours in negotiation with the Zambian Airforce, and the Malawian CAA, we managed to get a clearance to hop over to Lilongwe for the technical stop. Had we routed to Ndola, we would have been mortified to discover, they too, had no fuel. All this after already being on the road for three days. Anyway, to cut a long whinge short.... When we demanded the reason.....

" SAA is needing all the fuel in Lusaka, because they have so much catch-up flying to do....".

Now I just had to consider, that this was numerous days after the end of the mass action. How many other, more expensive diversions, important people's time, engine/airframe cycles, and thousands upon thousands of dollars of ..................................OTHER PEOPLES MONEY!!!!.................had SAA actually cost the world indirectly??? (uh um - besides their own billions lost)..??!??

APR
22nd Aug 2005, 11:44
IRP,

I think you were given a line that you fell hook line and sinker for.....:rolleyes:

JNB-LUN-JNB (like many other regional sectors) is a tankering sector for SAA, has been for a long time. IF the crew refuels there, it is usually just a top up, not much at all.

Fuel shortages have plagued African airports for a long time already, and all of us have to deal with it - not just you!