PDA

View Full Version : Foreign Cabin Crew

Kirstie
20th Aug 2005, 19:17
Hi one and all,

Is there any airline in Africa who recruits foreign cabin crew or do all of them only take on locals and nationals?

Thanks in advance,

Kirstie

Kirstie
21st Aug 2005, 18:38
Please, anyone?

Solid Rust Twotter
22nd Aug 2005, 04:24
Try the cabin crew forum...

406pilot
23rd Aug 2005, 15:53
hi there kirstie...

i work for an airline which doest have any specific rules about employing foreign cabin crew,i asked around but was told that no foreign cabin crew ever applied to this place ...a bit of a chicken and egg situation,but your best bet would probably be down south if youre gorgeous enough they might take you at nationwide....damn those hosties are out of this continent 4 sure...

in the mean time...

keep it up there fellows,

no more 406pilot

soups
24th Aug 2005, 20:11
Fan Air use to fly regional flights in Ghana Their Cabin crew was made of Ukranian and Russians.
At the moment Virgin Nigeria (LOS-LON) is operated by VS crew and a few VK crew add ons. while the A320 is equiped with 1 cabin crew from Bulgaria and also the deck crew is all bulgarians (as seen on LOS-ACC)

surely not
26th Aug 2005, 17:59
Hey Soups, you are almost right re the A320 crew for VK. Only the flight deck and the Purser are Bulgarian, the others are West African, mainly Nigerian.
The VS cabin crew will be off the A340 as soon as the training of VK crew is completed.

At least that is if my info is correct.

soups
27th Aug 2005, 09:03
Just flew yesterday VK A340 LOS-LON
all crew were VS (except 2 in VK crew) alltough the crew keep saying things like: Welcome to this virgin atlantic...pause.... nigeria...) vereything inside in in VS and not VK from amnety kit to safery card to food

Kirstie
29th Aug 2005, 14:29
Alright, thank you very much! Do you guys have any contact details to these places?

Kirstie