PDA

View Full Version : Concorde

NFF_PRF
16th Aug 2000, 02:18
A sad day for the guys at LHR that maintain (and love) Concorde.
Let's hope we see her in the air again soon.

tim-ing
16th Aug 2000, 04:39
While I regret any loss of life as a result of choosing to fly - I feel that Concorde's days were numbered anyway. The bead counters at BA wil be rubbing their hands in glee at the resources that will be freed up by not operating this "old" aircraft. Terminal 4 at LHR will be much quieter as of today. I look forward to seeing where the paparazzi go now to get their pix of the Concorde clientele getting on rival flights to JFK. I welcome any surplus Concorde guys to the real world in the hope that the 1st Class product is good enough to keep ex-Concorde punters flying BA. I suspect however that BA will kick these guys in the bolloxs big-time and if they ever join the rest of us they will feel less than happy to produce a good product. I also look forward to Concorde flying again as normal despite it all!
It's old, it's noisy, but it is still the best kick in the bollox the USA ever got.

Flying Banana
17th Aug 2000, 12:54
Firstly I hope this is not the end for Concorde, it is a beautiful sight to see this aircraft taking off on a dark morning with afterburners blazing.

If it does stop flying Gatwick will gain the most as the fuel bill for Concorde has come out of their budget for some time now, EOG might suddenly show it isn't doing so badly after all.

Grubbykev
30th Aug 2000, 07:30
Hi guys, Come you techs @ LHR what's going on? What's happening re the cowcatchers. We all know it was a bit of fod that caused the crash,but are Air France's birds different to yours? Let's get this beautiful old girl back where she belongs, Supersonic, where the Americans still have no answer. I saw the last flight from America land @ LHR from the BM hangar & taxi past whilst I was working & I'd like to see that again someday soon. I'm missing the noise of those Olympus's already!

------------------
So many brake packs, so little time. (:¬(