View Full Version : FS Does It Help

SamKitch
20th Aug 2005, 14:32
Hi

Just a quick question, when your going for an interview do any of you, use FS2004?

How does it help? Can you really get the feel for a big jet on fs2004?

Which plane do you think is really good and handles like the real thing? Links would be great!!

Thanx

Good Weekend

No_Speed_Restriction
20th Aug 2005, 15:12
my friend, if youre trying to tell us that you have a sim assessment that requires the use of a sim assessment then i recommend you dispense with flight sim and hire a real sim with a qualified sim instructor. it will probably cost you 20 times more than flight sim will cost but it will probably increase the chance of passing a sim assessment 20 times as much. dont cut corners.

monkeyboy
20th Aug 2005, 15:16
I think it would be fair to say that some of the better add-ons for FS2004 can be useful for learning cockpit layout and the position of switches etc but as far as being realistic in the handling department you can forget it.

No_Speed_Restriction
20th Aug 2005, 15:18
i agree. flying the real thing i find is so much more easier; there is no peripheral restriction, lag etc that you get with flight sim.

Saintsman
20th Aug 2005, 18:35
FS (flight simulator) may be good but it doesn't have FS (feel simulator).

All the difference in the world.

The African Dude
20th Aug 2005, 19:00
Am not a pilot as yet, but wouldn't a plus point be that you can learn and practice a specific profile before spending an hour practicing in a real sim?

TopBunk
20th Aug 2005, 19:17
TAD

I feel that Flight Simulation has a lot to offer at the ab-initio level.

It can (without the visual elements) improve your instrument scan, allow better tracking of course, improve procedural techniques etc. and thus save you money in licence validations by reducing aircraft hours.

Do not, however, confuse a piece of software with real simulation/aviation, the paths do not even intersect. When it comes to rehearsing panel setup etc, you can do just as well using pieces of paper with the buttons/switches on them.