PDA

View Full Version : Agreement EY*QR*EK

airbusflyer3
20th Aug 2005, 12:09
Well since things are changing for the better now to ask the question that nobody could answer for me so far:
Is there any kind of agreement between EY and QR or EK not to take their pilots? Formal or informal, rumor has it that a lot of QR pilots in particular are applying for EY especially since they started accepting 320 applications..that comes as a surprise !!

Anyways, the rumor is a couple of the guys were told that they can not accept them except after 6 months from the time leaving QR !! How would they go around thinking this would happen ? Is anybody supposed to leave the company he is working for, then after six months apply to the prestigious EY? and its not like after you are accepted.. no just get your family on the street first with no income and then have the pleasure of applying? Ya right:confused:

tic
23rd Aug 2005, 00:53
airbusflyer3
Rumour has it, it is true. Apparently you need a no objection letter from your current employer, whether, QR, EY, GF etc before you can sail into EK. Don't think any of the airlines are doing it, especially if you are expat. Works both ways I think. Otherwise, I believe, it is 6 months out of country, before you can get a job within UAE. I stand to be corrected, but GCC nationals, don't have the same problem.

ironbutt57
23rd Aug 2005, 03:45
Within the UAE it is the case with the "no-objection cert" if you are not a holder of a uae work permit/resident visa, you are able to move to ey/ek without the letter, barring of course any "gentleman's agreement" between the carriers, which is reported to exist between 3 carriers here, not to sure EK is part of that agreement or not....:confused:

kimoki
23rd Aug 2005, 09:02
This might be about to change according to today's "7 days" newspaper. Not sure about any private agreements between the airlines, some have gone from EK to EY recently.

http://www.7days.ae/local-news/ban-to-be-scrapped-.html

Global Nomad
23rd Aug 2005, 09:51
Interesting that the Government ban has been lifted on all but housemaids. They too should be exempt, but at least employees can vote with their feet now (assuming they have another offer) rather than being subject to the treatment that they endure for fear of losing their job.

Wishful thinking but I doubt that employer ethic will change, just hope that it doesn't result in a reversal of government policy like so many others e.g. smoking.

Government bans are one thing, informal agreements between competing companies is completely separate and I can't see anything changing.

SecurID
23rd Aug 2005, 11:20
Global, so is it true then? Is there an agreement? You seem to know more than most here, so please spill the beans.