PDA

View Full Version : Public Thank You

jemax
20th Aug 2005, 11:29
Well it's exactly a year today since my first heli lesson, and on 8th Aug I was signed off on my CPL. Heli's rock and every day it is a pleasure to learn more.

It's been hard work and a hell of a year, but first a big thanks to Mike Horrell at Peterborough Connington, my instructor, fabulous pilot and instructor, totally happy to put himself out massively for me and got me through it all in record time.

Everybody, and I mean everybody at Peterborough Connington for making me so welcome as a complete novice and letting me use their facilities as if my own. Good food too, pop in and Paula will abuse you whilst serving good grub.

Alex and all his instructors at Bristol Ground School getting me through ground school first time and in record time.

Kim at Heliair Wycombe for putting himself out and getting me through my 44 conversion and just loads of helpful advice and Clark at Helicentre Coventry, I am sure he has better things to do than be sitting with me in a 22 at midnight on a Friday night in July.

I couldn't have done it without all these people and a few more besides with just good helpful advice.

Thanks All, the Champagne is on ice to celebrate my first year in aviation, now I just need to find a bank to rob!

:D

TheFlyingSquirrel
20th Aug 2005, 12:13
Congratulations and welcome to NO MAN'S LAND !!!

Farmer 1
20th Aug 2005, 12:46
Congratulations, indeed, and welcome to the fold. Now is the time you start learning how to fly.

May you never lose the magic, and at the end of each day, may your number of landings always equal your number of take-offs.

VeeAny
20th Aug 2005, 21:48
Well done, and in double quick time too !

V.

Gray 14
22nd Aug 2005, 21:18
Reference your previous post: You thanked a few folks there. That is good. You will find out in this business that you very seldom get a "Thank you" from anybody while on the job.

My hat is off to you for your accomplishments, but more so for the thanks you gave to those who showed you the way.

Enjoy your career. I have!

Later,

jemax
22nd Aug 2005, 22:07
Couldn't have done it without them and just a damn nice bunch of people

Thanks

MightyGem
24th Aug 2005, 10:12
Well done jemax. You obviously have far too much money!!:E But, then again maybe not anymore. :ok: