PDA

View Full Version : AIRBUS CFDS SYSTEM EXPERIENCE.

AIRBUS58
12th Aug 2000, 02:46
WHAT IS YOUR EXPERIENCE OF THE CFDS SYSTEM ON THE AIRBUS IE EASY TO USE, HARD TO UNDERSTAND , CONSISTANT AT GIVING YOU THE FAULT. HAVE YOU ANY TIPS TO SHARE ?

WELCOME YOUR EXPERIENCE

redtail
12th Aug 2000, 05:54
Keep an eye on the bigger picture when playing with the CFDS. An electrical bus failure can lead to many messages, and some people chase the messages (symptons) instead of finding the initial fault that caused all of the messages in the first place.
Also, the different systems have different menus and available information.

somefokker
12th Aug 2000, 12:56
Airbus 58,
Always look at the source and identifier on the post flight report to help sort out the actual fault from the symptoms.
And when using the TSM dont forget to refer to the TFU's (Technical Follow Ups or SILs). This is easy if you are using ADRES or TPCI (Airbus manuals on CD rom), but your library should have them in hard copy as well.
Don't be daunted by the Airbus. When you get some experience of CFDS you'll learn to sort out the real snags from the nuisance warnings pretty quickly.
Regards
Some Fokker

trapper
19th Aug 2000, 03:26
Airbus CFDS is very good, simple to use and reliable. Best advice is stating the obvious, read the introduction in the troubleshooting manual together with system description in chpt 31 AMM and you can't go wrong (well not too often anyway!).

AIRBUS58
26th Aug 2000, 17:31
THANKS TO REDTAIL,SOMEFOKKER,TRAPPER FOR YOUR REPLYS.

GOOD INFO ON THE CFDS.

DO YOU USE THE OPTION AVIONIC SELECTION ,AND THE GROUND SCAN OPTION MUCH ?

IF YOU HAVE ANY MORE EXPERIENCE TO SHARE WITH ME ,IT WOULD BE VERY HELPFUL .

THANKS FOR THE INFO SO FAR.

trapper
5th Sep 2000, 04:07
airbus58, Ground scan is very useful, just make sure that the time and date shown on the ground report are the same as the time that you are testing the relevant system. It can show a ground report that happened days ago. Some ground scans are performed automatically at power up and some are instigated via CFDS. If in doubt, down power , repower and check time on ground scan report. I think that the other thing you refer to is probably "AVIONIC STATUS". This is a good guide but is not to be trusted and the relevant system should be tested as it can log transient or nuisance faults during power up tests. Go to the relevant system page and perform the Ground Scan,Test or Class 3 faults as appropriate. Hope this is of some help, by all means ask again if this is not clear but be patient as I do not log on every day (or even every week!). REgards, trapper.

somefokker
7th Sep 2000, 02:57
I use Avionic status to identify all the Class 3 faults ( "A" check item), but you need to have everything powered up, ADIRU's aligned etc, so as not to get nuisance messages.
Ground scan as far as I understand is as near as you are going to get to an inflight condition for the system. This is "The Test" on the big Busses (330/340).
Now that I've read your profile I can see where you are coming from. Once again can only emphasise that CFDS is very good once you learn to use it properly and decipher the information correctly.
Hope this has helped

AIRBUS58
11th Oct 2000, 19:58
THANKS AGAIN FOR THE GOOD INFO.

HAVE YOU USED THE ANTISKID/NW SWITCH TO RESET THE BSCU ,HOW OFTEN / HAS IT ALWAYS WORKED TO REMOVE FAULTS?

IM LOOKING FOR MAINTENANCE TIPS FROM YOU EXPERIENCE OF WORKING THE AIRBUS A320 FAMILY
ON ANY SYSTEM .

THANKS