PDA

View Full Version : Dublin - Sydney with QF..what to expect?

Mark Noble
19th Aug 2005, 17:59
I'm flying to Sydney from Dublin via Frankfurt and Singapore in 5 weeks and wondering what the service is like.

The Dublin - Frankfurt leg is with Aer Lingus.

I have flown Dublin - NZ before with Air NZ and found them very good.

I am however expecting a little more with QF (from reading reviews) such as a personal TV (have they got an entertainment system similar to Virgin's latest?), eye mask for helping me sleep, toothbrush pack etc etc - little things that were missing on Air NZ.

As a Qantas "Frequent Flyer" with a member number am I allowed in the Lounges during the stop-overs?

What will I get for my money in cheap old economy class basically!

Thanks ;)

Upgraded
19th Aug 2005, 21:49
There is an adequate 'on-demand' entertainment system on the 747-400's although the movies are all playing at the same time so you can't pause them. You will receive a toothbrush, eye-mask etc. To access the lounges along the way you will need to be a silver level member at minimum.

tow-truck
20th Aug 2005, 00:17
mark,
There is no way someone will answer what the service will be like, it all depends on what Qantas had done to its employees that week or that day to p1ss them off!
the crew dont intentionally take it out on the passenger, but when someone is p1ssed off its harder to smile and be polite.
Hope your flight goes well, I hope that your TV doesnt break down, I hope that your seat recline mechanism doesnt snap, I hope that there are enough eye shades loaded, I hope that they put on the right choice of meal, I hope they have enough juice or drinks loaded.
Get the picture.

Mark Noble
20th Aug 2005, 01:51
Upgraded - just what I was looking for!

Thanks.