View Full Version : Sim practice needed

Crosswind Limits
19th Aug 2005, 17:20
Can anyone provide details of any reasonably priced sims in and around the London area? I live and work just west of London but am happy to travel up to a max 90 min radius. What's the 727 sim like down in Bournemouth and who runs it? Someone recently mentioned that there was a DC9 sim near Wycombe Air Park.

Any help is appreciated!

Cheers.

FatFlyer
20th Aug 2005, 07:25
The 727 sim at BOH is run by EAAC, look at www.simulatortrainingservices.co.uk for Capt Mike Boulton who teaches on it.

bumpfich
22nd Aug 2005, 13:25
The company who ran the DC9 sim in High Wycombe (Flytsim) have not been trading for a couple of years. I recently visited the premises where they used to be based and was given this info by the building owners.

A real shame, I hired it for an hour a few years back - a good (analogue) sim at a reasonable price! Maersk (and later Duo) also used it for sim checks on potential recruits.

Cheers

Bumpfich

angelorange
22nd Aug 2005, 21:22
get on a fast train up north!

http://www.yorkshireflightcentre.co.uk/737-simulator.php

superstall
22nd Aug 2005, 22:02
Try the Oxford 737 sim. It is pretty good and they often have special rates on the go if you ready to go at short notice

Dan Dare
23rd Aug 2005, 16:24
There used to be a full motion Trident Sim available in the country near Biggin Hill. The contact number was (01883) 652109, but I have had no contact for about 5 years, so I don't have any current details. Raw Data used to do some instruction on it as well (thanks), which was well worth the nomial fee.

IF its still there I could try to find handling notes and speeds for you. I may even be interested in another go.