PDA

View Full Version : easyTech

growler
16th Dec 2000, 01:41
Pleased to announce that today easyTech were presented with their very own JAR145 Approval. hopefully now we can cut some of the 'FLS' strings that are strangling us.Things such as the company procedures manual that is so thick and has so many volumes, nobody will ever read it. Duplicate inspections for just about everything I am surprised we dont dup a pre flight!
Well done to the QA manager who managed to get the whole thing done within 3 months of his appointment!!
I also witnessed the FLS roadshow today and can describe Mr H in one word..........IMPRESSED. I think this man can turn them around.

jetfueldrinker
17th Dec 2000, 02:36
With easyTech having their own JAR145, will they be looking for any more blokes/blokesses?

balti king
18th Dec 2000, 15:35
I heard recently that you've been messed about considerably during the company flotation and JAR 145 acquisition. Is Stelios going to give you the shares as promised? A bit rude when the cabin sluts got them ahead of engineers.

Jet Fuel, wait for the full retreat of FLS and perhaps we could jump ship together!

morroccomole
18th Dec 2000, 17:52
easyTech staff have been told that easyJet board members have agreed that easyTech should get shares. They are now waiting for the legal people to sort it out.

OldHand
19th Dec 2000, 12:42
CABIN SLUTS ???

Just who the hell do you think you are?

My wife is an ex flight attendant, my daughter is currently a flight attendant and my son is currently a pilot.

I consider your remark to be arrogant and to display an appalling degree of what can only be described as pig ignorance.

balti king
20th Dec 2000, 00:14
I'm sorry if you were offended by my colloquial generalisation Old Hand, but in my personal experience many cabin staff, male and female are sluts. You do understand the meaning of the word "slut" don't you? Our profession has many sweeping offensive opinions that I'm sure you've been exposed to as I have to, but sticks and stones....
My wife is a professional in another area and I can assure you that she's been exposed to far worse name calling than you could ever imagine. So get a grip and enjoy all those lovely shares not to mention watching all those trains.

[This message has been edited by balti king (edited 19 December 2000).]

LBMF
21st Dec 2000, 18:44
Old Hand - Why did you start dating your wife, when she was a flight attendant? Was it just to hold hands?
We all know that only a few put it about but still call the cart tarts etc. An over reaction on your part me thinks.

Admiting you married a hosty & your daughter is one as well is OK but to admit that your son is a pilot! Did the operation hurt ?

Steve Moody
21st Dec 2000, 23:22
I'm a Pilot, fairly new to the company, and prepared to admit it! Some of us are even house trained, though I have to admit that many of my colleagues can be less than supportive of engineering, for which I apologise on their behalf.

That said, I have to agree with Old Hand, such descriptions of any person in any job are out of order. I would stop any pilot from using nasty terms to describe an engineer, and would hope that we could all refrain from such perjorative terms, even on PPRUNE.

All the best for Xmas and the [real!] new millenuim, and thank you engineering for keeping me alive in servicable aircraft so that I can get home to spend Xmas with my wife and kids [and the rats ... pet rats that is, and must'nt forget the stick insects].

------------------

4Rvibes
22nd Dec 2000, 00:37
Steve,
If sincere you are one of the few. No doubt, as you get older and wiser you will follow in the footsteps of your colleagues and treat engineers as sh**e.
An engineers only comeback is petty namecalling, sad as this may be it helps.

OldHand
22nd Dec 2000, 13:53
Oh, all right. Maybe it was a bit of a knee-jerk reaction. Sorry.

Those who know me behind the alias will be aware that I have been involved in many and various aviation activities - including engineering (outside in the cold and inside in the warm), flying both as Flight Engineer and as P i/c (prop, turboprop and jet both large and small) plus several other facets of the industry.

My wife was a F/A when we met although I didn't know it at the time. I have always tried to remember that there are very very few totally superfluous people in the industry and although a lot of good natured banter has always been the norm, I still cringe when folks refer to engineers as 'Grimies', to cabin staff as 'Sluts' and any other epithets you care to mention. I have to admit that I was as guilty as anyone of referring to the avionics trades in the RAF as 'Fairies' and to the armourers as 'Plumbers'. The term 'Sluts' however infers dubious morals and it was that to which I took exception.

have a great Christmas everyone.

By the way, the reference to train spotting in my profile was a senile and weak attempt at humour. The only train I have ever spotted was the night sleeper from Kings Cross to Aberdeen !

[This message has been edited by OldHand (edited 22 December 2000).]

Steve Moody
27th Dec 2000, 19:29
Dear 4Rvibes,

But I am not young! and I have the ear to ear parting to prove it. I've been working in aviation for 29 years. I don't think there is any place anywhere for being rude to anyone, Hitler/Saddam/Thatcher or Reagan perhaps being the exception that proves the rule. Politeness costs nothing and can go a great way towards getting pelople in disparate groups to work together where old animosity can otherwise lead to failure to co-operate.

I need engineers to keep me and my crew/passengers alive, you need us to fly the aircraft to pay the mortgage amoungst many other reasons.

Steve Moody
esayJet 737 Captain, Luton.

------------------

Blacksheep
28th Dec 2000, 06:33
Speaking as one who has been referred to variously as "Greasemonkey" "Greaser" and "Grimey" TO MY FACE by aircrew I'm not too worried about us calling crew by rude names but please, let's be gentlemanly and use no names that cast doubt on ladies' morals.

The very worst case I came across was a Captain who didn't call me anything. He refused to speak to me at all. Insisted on speaking through the Flight Engineer and even though I replied directly to him continued to address me indirectly through his Flight Engineer. Both the F/E and the F/O were mightily embarrassed. I just pretended not to notice, after all, I'm an engineer so I'm used to being invisible :)

Through difficulties to the cinema

Skytrucker87
28th Dec 2000, 22:54
Blacksheep,

I recall being taken to task by a rather snotty Captain and being soundly verbally chastised for speaking directly to engineering people. That sort of attitude ought to have died along with liveried chauffeurs and personal slaves.
You may be pleased to know that I fought my corner and told said Capt that if he didn't like it, he could find another First Officer.
CRM is supposed to cure all of this sort of garbage.