PDA

View Full Version : Atlas air STN based crew

CX256
19th Aug 2005, 11:36
Hi Guys

For Atlas air crews based in London can you answer these questions please.

Where would you start a flight from eg STN or AMS?
Do you fly european flight or US flight aswell?
Do you fly for all your customer or just the one eg BA,EK?

If anybody can answer these questions please do.

CX256

flite idol
19th Aug 2005, 13:32
I dont` actually fly for them, but I know some folks that do! So I will try and answer while we wait for someone that really knows to reply!

Not much Atlas flying actually operates from STN. I think GSS does some BA flying from there but that is a seperate company. Most of the flying originates from Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Dubai or anywhere else on the globe and crews are positioned on commercial passenger airlines from STN to the trip origin. I assume once on the road you could end up anywhere on planet earth as the company does a mixture of contract flying for the likes of Alitalia, Emirates, Qantas etc as well as military and commercial charters.

Disclaimer; This could be a load of tosh but hopefully an Atlas crew member will eventually put us straight! Cheers.

CR2
19th Aug 2005, 17:25
I'm going to sticky this for a few days.

This subject rears its head on a fairly regular basis.

Would any of you 5Y-GSS-PO (in alphabetical order) guys give us a definitive answer... By the way don't start another company willey waving contest...

74world
19th Aug 2005, 17:41
Hi CX256,

Here are the answers to your questions:

1; it is depanding on the customer, ie; BA: STN, PIK, FRA, HNN
Emirates: AMS, GOT, FRA, HNN
Alitalia: MXP
Qantas: FRA
US Military: any US Air force base
Etc.....

2. both! but we normally stick to EU flying....

3. All customers including the US Military as mentioned above.

Regarding the BA flying we have currently 2 Classics flying for them if I remember correctly.

Flite idol you are correct, we can start or end up anywhere in the world, but of course the company try to avoid having to pay business class ticket to get there.....not quite the same with GSS, apprently people sometime are required to return from HKG economy class, that sucks!!!!

Any more info, pls PM me.....

Cheers
:ok:

400drvr
27th Aug 2005, 06:14
Question

It is my understanding that some Atlas newhire pilots are being assigned to the STN base. Does anyone know if this is true? If so what is required by the British government for a US citizen to work in the UK?

I believe the last time I got my passport stamped in the UK it was vaid for 60 days as a visitor only.

Thanx in advance

74world
27th Aug 2005, 08:23
400drvr,

You are correct, all new hire HAVE TO be base in Stn......not a problem really with the EU law because they are officially still employed by an American company (Atlas).

The AACS crewmember are working for an English company (AACS)......(owned 100% by Atlas), so to be employ by this company people need to have the rights to live in EU or apply for a work visa.

:p

CX256
22nd Oct 2005, 11:48
Hi Guys

The Atlas air -200 which BA use what route do they fly.?

CX256

zerozero
23rd Oct 2005, 21:53
One flight goes: Stansted, Kuwait City, Hong Kong, Bahrain, Stansted.

Another one goes: Stansted, Hahn, Prestwick, and from there to North America. (JFK, ORD, ATL)

That's all I can remember off the top of my head.
Best.

coolfalcon
26th Oct 2005, 19:28
Hi everybody,

As a matter of interest where do you apply ? on their site , the US one there is nothing concerning Europeans?

Thank you

Captain Mercurius
28th Oct 2005, 10:16
More American pilots coming to work in Europe!

And do not tell us that there is “shortage of pilots here in Europe because this is not the case.

Atlas tells to European pilots they are sorry because they only employ people with a “green card” or American citizenship. :hmm:

However, they do get grant of Visa to work in Europe. :ouch:

This is “European Community” ,great! :}

Mercurius

zerozero
28th Oct 2005, 23:23
Per the union contract, all STN vacancies must be filled with Atlas mainline pilots.

The aircraft are N-registered.