PDA

View Full Version : FLS turnrounds for J41's @ NCL

Notsoginger
21st Oct 2000, 14:56
I here a rumour that BRAL is contracting FLS to carry out maintenance on J41's at NCL.

Who's bright idea is that?

I didna realise that FLS had any one trained on turboprops, never mind J41's ?

Och well its a good job the experts at BRAL GLA are not too far away.

Cheery bye

Inspector Gadget
22nd Oct 2000, 02:31
Perhaps FLS could recruit several engineers from local companies by promising them loads of type courses and good money. Think there might be some engineers at Glasgow seeking work who might be interested!

HiSpeedTape
23rd Oct 2000, 23:41
Thanks for the offer guys but it's just as well there are enough of us fully trained highly experienced, dedicated, conscientious and likeable Geordies at FLS Newcastle to be able to fulfil the highest expectations of BRAL, not to mention Airtours, JMC, Sabena et al not to need any input from the likes of you. Never mind eh? We'll call you if we need to but, ... don't hold your breath!

[This message has been edited by HiSpeedTape (edited 23 October 2000).]

HiSpeedTape
25th Oct 2000, 05:37
Oh yeah, forgot to mention it but if you are looking for an expert to maintain your :-
Airbus A320/321/319 or A330 or Boeing 727, 737-200, 300, 400, 500 and NG, 757, 767-200 or 300, 747-200, 300, 400, BAe 146 or RJ, J31, J41 or 748, ATR42 or 72, Shorts 330 or 360 or your Fokker F100 or F50 or F27 you'll find them at FLS Newcastle. Enough said I think.

jetfueldrinker
25th Oct 2000, 11:28
Hi Speed Tape,

And you have approvals on all these aircraft? More to the point, do you get paid for holding all these approvals? If so then you must be a rich little bunny and you can take us all out for a beer some time!

Kanga767
26th Oct 2000, 09:48
I've got J41 Engine/airframe, PW100/EMB120 engine/airframe, B737 classic courses and 767 airframe courses, how about a job??

HiSpeedTape
27th Oct 2000, 02:42
Jetfuel
No, I do not have approvals on ALL of the aforementioned aircraft. I was merely pointing out to the Gingerwhinger that amongst our team at NCL we collectively hold approvals or type rated licences on them and therefore could be considered as having experience on them. Yes I do get paid for the approvals that I hold, and my colleagues get paid for the approvals that they hold. This does not make me a rich bunny but I consider that I am adequately rewarded for the efforts that I put in. If you are up this way any time, I would be delighted to buy you a drink and, if we have to call upon the expert services of the GingerWhinger, I'd be equally delighted to buy him a wee swally or two as well.
Haway the Lads!

jetfueldrinker
27th Oct 2000, 12:13
HiSpeedTape,
If we cut you in half would we see the letters F L S running right through you?

HiSpeedTape
28th Oct 2000, 03:36
Nope. But if we were to cut you in half would we find BAL?

cotos
29th Oct 2000, 01:29
This particular thread highlights some of the problems that we as Aircraft Engineers bring upon ourselves in the industry. HiSpeedTape, whoever he is in NCL, is obviously a well trained up Aircraft Engineer but seems to be at the receiving end of a bit of ribbing purely because of who his employer is. Just because FLS is saddled with incompetent management does not mean that the guy working the a/c is below standard as well. If he makes a good standard of living as one of us and turns his customer's aircraft round in a satisfactory fashion, then more power to the man. Those who have frustration should vent it in a more apt direction to acheive what they want from their chosen profession.

jetfueldrinker
29th Oct 2000, 14:00
No you wouldn't see BAL written through me as I don't work for them, neither would you see my employers name stencilled through me as I only do this job to keep the wolfs from the door. Hope that I win the lottery soon.

Regards

JFD