PDA

View Full Version : chartair Minimums

darren44
18th Aug 2005, 11:27
Anyone here know the minimum requirement for chartair in alice springs?
I'll be hitting the road about feb next year to find my next job, so just doing some research. if anyone has some info, or better yet, some inside info that would be great...

Cheers....

DUXNUTZ
19th Aug 2005, 21:55
From memory they like around 5-700 hours min i think but like everything i think it either depends on the person or who they know!

I had couple hundred hours when i got my gig at similar outfit to chartair. So hit up the chief pilot and tell him you would like to meet him in person at Alice and say hello.

Be prepared to go to an outstation to Alice, and work up to a year then move. Overall nice aircraft generally, some pretty shabby interiors etc but run ok. They pay the award but work you pretty hard from what i can tell. Also don't expect quick progression there.

cheers

Hottie
21st Aug 2005, 03:20
Not exactly sure what their minimums are guys as many changes may have taken place since I left - worked for Airnorth Alice/Chartair for 2.5yrs in Alice, then transferred to Darwin for RPT Ops...around 1997 onwards.

The thing I do know, is that Chartair/Airnorth offered me and my fellow colleagues the chance of a lifetime to progress in our chosen career and to acquire admirable experience whilst flying around Central Australia. The friendships that were created are lifelong, and the memories are eternal.

I can only assume that the 500-700hr mark as already mentioned would give you a look in. However, anymore than this and obviously you're looking good. Best of luck with your move in February and if you're driving there from NSW, DO NOT stop into Wilcannia - even the dude at the service station had his front teeth missing :)

PS : I wonder if they ask, whilst in the interview, when Chartair's emblem/logo changed...and by whom it was designed ? I'll give you one small hint - he worked for them in Alice for 2.5yrs ;)

Best of Luck and enjoy the Mail Runs ! :ok:

DUXNUTZ
21st Aug 2005, 04:25
Hottie,

Its good that you look back fondly at the memories you had at Chartair, as they are just that memories. The current chartair does not promote pilots to AirNorth/RegionalLink anymore (might have something to do with QF cadets going there instead but thats a whole other kettle of fish).

At least the rego + condition of the planes you flew might be the same!

-ItzNUTZ!

Hottie
21st Aug 2005, 10:20
DUXNUTZ,

You are spot on with that, my friend ! Oh yes, even back then some of the C210's looked a little past their 'use by' dates.

However, they got us from place to place, across such barren dry & isolated land safely every time, apart from little ongoing problems such as the typical Alternator Failure (nothing like being asked to take the company car into town to purchase one from a Fridge Retailer/Spares.... :ooh:

It is expected though as these aircraft have served so well for so long. Amazing, if one was to sit down and ponder on how many Pilots have reached their career dreams through the use of these and other GA machines...can be a little sentimental to those this way inclined. Anyway, 'Another Day, Another Dollar.....lost'... This is what us 'well-paid' Airnorth Pilots liked to kid around with...all means to an end...

Hope your dream has been achieved. We can ONLY continue to thank those who assisted us in our long climb to the top, no matter how sweet or bitter the memories have been :t

Regards

The Gimp
21st Aug 2005, 11:13
G'day Hottie,

Speaking of logos, do you ever remember the piccie of the instructor hanging from the prop on the blackboard in TW?? Hope all is going well up in HK.

Gimp.

darren44
21st Aug 2005, 19:00
hey people, thanxs for the replies, its a big help.... keep it coming if you can.. got to run.

bye the way... would a navajo endorsement make the difference??..

Darren.

DUXNUTZ
21st Aug 2005, 22:26
Hottie,

Sounds like your in that nice place that one dreams about while still climbing the ladder. Flying round the NT was unreal and i quite often recollect past experiences of all things encountered from my time there.

I'm a long way from home and not flying anymore but hope to get back into it some day. Good luck up in Honkers!