PDA

View Full Version : REDUNDANCY "RECOVERY of SPECIAL CAPITAL PAYMENT"

paradigm shift
18th Aug 2005, 07:41
In Annex A , Para 11 of the redundancy DCI. (DCI 39/04) It states that:

Any Officer if,
"within 2 years of leaving on redundancy, he/she takes up an appointment in the MoD, he/she will be required to refund part of the special capital payment"

Does anyone in PPRUNE land know of any exceptions to this clause.

Thanks

PS

Very Sunny in Texas!

Aeronut
18th Aug 2005, 09:02
If the job is openly competed with general public you do not have to return your SPC. Only if the post is aimed at retiree/redundee is the SPC threatened. Read:

Chief Clerks' Bulletin -May 2005 annex G refers:

EFFECT OF CERTAIN TYPES OF FURTHER EMPLOYMENT ON REDUNDANCY BENEFITS.

Since the redundancy DCI was issued, there have been a number of enquiries about the circumstances in which an individual will be required to refund the Special Capital Payment (SCP), either in full or part. Questions have focussed on Para 11 of Annex A, which states that the SCP will have to be repaid if an individual takes up an appointment in the MOD, or other government department of the Home Civil Service or the Foreign Office within 2 years of leaving on redundancy.

Personnel considering redundancy should be made aware that QR3177 provides the definitive explanation of the terms under which an individual will be required to refund some or all of an SCP, including re-entering the Armed Forces. In essence, it states that only those members of the RAF leaving on redundancy terms who re-enter the Armed Forces, or join the Civil Service to fill an appointment specifically reserved for former Armed Forces personnel, will be required to repay an element of their SCP calculated using laid down formulas. Consequently, personnel who gain employment in the Civil Service through an open recruiting competition will not be expected to refund any part of their SCP. Any questions on this issue should be referred

also

QR 3177. Recovery of Special Capital Payment.

(1) Where an officer or serviceman who has received a Special Capital Payment under the provisions of Chapter 44 is, within 5 years of redundancy, re-employed on full pay in any one of HM Armed Forces he shall be required to refund a proportion of the Special Capital Payment received. The refund will be calculated in ac
(2) If an officer or serviceman who has received a Special Capital Payment under the terms of Chapter 46 takes up, within 2 years of redundancy, an appointment which is reserved for former members of the Armed Forces (including a Retired Officer or similar post in the MOD or other Government Department or an established appointment in the Home Civil Service or Foreign Service under special schemes which reserve vacancies for former members of the Armed Forces), or an appointment made by, or on the recommendation of a Minister of the Crown other than a business appointment where it is required that the application should be so approved, he shall be required to refund part of the Special Capital Payment in accordance with the following formula and associated limitations: ..............................................

Now answer me one........How do you get to Texas???

Green Meat
18th Aug 2005, 11:39
If the job is openly competed with general public you do not have to return your SPC. Only if the post is aimed at retiree/redundee is the SPC threatened.

Interesting comment. I've perused the old MoD jobs website from time to time to see wht sort of opportunities there may be, some of the 'open competition' jobs are so specific in their requirements that I could only think of a couple of people in each case, and on one, I suspect, only one.

On the other hand if it protects the SPC...

teeteringhead
18th Aug 2005, 11:51
Unlikley to affect in practice. As has been noted, ROs are effectively no more, and "open competition" rules.....

paradigm shift
19th Aug 2005, 15:54
Aeronut Thanks for the Chief Clerk extract. At which base did this appear in SRO's?

Dont get to see many SRO's in Texas......"NFW" to be exact.

Thanks once again for the input......my Special Capital Payment looks safe!

It's all one big Paradigm Shift!

Aeronut
20th Aug 2005, 08:50
The chief clerk bulletins are direct from Innsworth and should be made available to you if you request May2005 annex G. They are aimed at Stn chf clks I think. (I'm just an engineer)
Available on various networks.

Never complain about not having SROs to read !!!!

Just in case you are getting SRO withdrawal symptoms:

All personnel are to be vigilante (sic).
All personnel are to be punctilious in the paying of complements.
All personnel are to prevent their dogs from fouling on MQ pavements.
etc etc
Orderly officer roster

Guard roster

etc etc

I do so hope that you are largeing it in Texas - At least owning a Hummer and some guns.