PDA

View Full Version : ageism

jetfueldrinker
18th Oct 2000, 12:25
A mate of mine will soon be leaving HM Flying Club and is looking for a proper job in south Wales. As he is 'over 40' he has heard through the grapevine that both BAMC and GE operate a policy that discriminates against employing anyone over this age. Is this true? amd if proven, could he have a case in the European Court of Human Rights? Also, is there anywhesr else that he could look at in commuting distance from Cardiff? Thanks in anticipation.

JFD

Notsoginger
21st Oct 2000, 15:10
He could try the Isle of Man (or Fraggle Rock to all our readers). Manx are always looking out for engineers and operate advanced aeroplanes (I love that word its so English!)like the EMB145, 146 and ATP. Or I have heard that BRAL are looking out for people at CWL. If he is used to 30 mph rain he will like it.

Blacksheep
22nd Oct 2000, 08:03
Apart from being very stupid (under 40's are still mere apprentices http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/tongue.gif ) such a policy would be illegal. I doubt if it is true...

Can anyone who is at BAMC and GE let us know how many aged old ladies and gentlemen work there?

Through difficulties to the cinema