PDA

View Full Version : Tunisia

pilot_adam
18th Aug 2005, 00:20
Hello
I really need an answer from some the experts here....
I am a dual citizen of Canada and Tunisia...Canadian born but hold my father's citizenship..speaks English,French and Arabic...
What chances would i have of getting a job in Tunisia with 250 hours and MULTI_IFR,CPL,PPL.
Do they have any Cadet programs or does any african country give prefrences for african nationals ??!!!
Is the experience or the hours logged in Africa equal or at least acceptable to companies like Air Canada or west jet if i come back to canada after few years in Africa..??!!!

Cheers
Adam

pilot_adam
18th Aug 2005, 13:43
Answers please guysss....

concordino
19th Aug 2005, 08:06
I am not current on the scene in Tunisia, but i think you should try your luck with either Nouvelair (Airbus 320) or Carthago (B737-300).

Both have a good number of aircrafts and would give priority to a Tunisian national.

The other hurdle you might have to deal with is converting your Canadian License to a Tunisian one and for that you willhave to check with the Tunisian Aviation Authority....

Hope that helps

:cool:

Soft Altitude
20th Aug 2005, 10:13
pilot_adam, Tunisian nationality is an advantage if you want to work in Tunisia, or even anywhere in the middle-east.

Having flown in Tunisia for a couple of years , I can tell you that Nouvelair is basically looking for A320 rated guys, even for locals, and as far as I know they prefer some time on type.

Tuninter was accepting at the time low houred pilots with just a type rating, 0 hours, and trained them, but now with this unfortunate accident I do not know what is the outlook of at all getting a job with them.

Karthago is a very nice earline to work for as well, you might want to get in touch with them, since they have several TRIs, TREs on the B737-300, so they might be willing to train you as well, not sure about their current pilot needs though.

There was a Twin Otter operator as well but I can not remember the name (Tunisavia maybe), I believe you'll find it if you do some research, if you just want to build up twin instrument time.

For the recognition of your flying hours done outside Canada, for when you'll want to return, you should contact Transport Canada or the authority which issued your license, or the airline you plan to return to.

As a Tunisian national, I believe you could be getting a Tunisian license straight out, or with few differential exams, otherwise you will be getting a license validation.
Ultimately, why wouldn't you contact Tunisair, the flag carrier, they might have a cadet program.

Go for it, one of my best if not the best experience was flying in Tunisia, great country, great operators and great folks to work and live with. I still miss it dearly.

Hope this helps

Cheers

SA

cavortingcheetah
20th Aug 2005, 12:46
:eek:

Delenda est Carthago.

Cato the Elder.

Carthage must be destroyed.

O magna Carthagio, probrosis altior Italiae ruinis!

O mighty Carthage, lifted higher for the shameful downfall of Italy.

Horace.

Cato lived from 234-149 BC.
Horace from 65-08 BC.

Tunisia/Carthage, worried the billy be damned out of the Romans. Three Punic Wars.

Hannibal, son of Hamilcar Barca, brother to Hasdrubal of that family.

Hannibal, the only tactician to out manouevre and decisively defeat the Roman armies on more than one occasion.

So terrified were the Romans of a Carthaginian regeneration that they ploughed the city into the ground with salt so that nothing would ever grow there again!

Supongo que sea! But, if you speak Tunisian Arabic, a little history will not go amiss! Tien!;)

pajyg
7th Sep 2005, 16:32
Karthago is a very nice earline to work for as well,

Right !! ;)

since they have several TRIs, TREs on the B737-300, so they might be willing to train you as well, not sure about their current pilot needs though.

WRONG !!!
They don't want to perform line training (except for cadets WITH TUNISIAN LICENCE ONLY !!)...
Also, tunisian DAC want (about) 1000 hrs ON TYPE for OPL and 2000 for captains !!!

LHmain
30th Sep 2005, 15:27
Nouvelair should start service to Montreal soon. Tunisavia are the Twotter operator. Carthago is getting bigger. New things happening all the time.
Bon chance