PDA

View Full Version : Gmail Invites

Buttino
17th Aug 2005, 22:11
I've got 50 to give away

Anyone want one? pm me your email address and i'll send one along

I should add that Gmail is an email service provided by google that allows 10mb attachments and has a 2.5gb mailbox limit. It will also allow pickup of pop3 email!

18th Aug 2005, 05:48
There used to be a website that had about 700'000 invites to give away but Gmail's product manager made them stop the service. This is directly from the webmaster of mentioned site.

I have gotten the word from Gmail's Product Manager that my service is no longer tolerable. At midnight PDT June 7th, 2005, this service was disabled. I would like to extend my sincere thanks to all who contributed to this service. Your generosity helped out a vast number of people and for that you should be proud

BRL
20th Aug 2005, 09:44
What is so good about this g-mail?

What is the difference between this and my BTinternet email?

Buttino
20th Aug 2005, 12:36
Gmail is a web based email service similar to hotmail and the like.

At the moment you get a 2.512 GB mailbox which is huge to say the least - and this is increasing every second. It's be sold on the principle that you never need delete an email ever again.
Gmail is by invitiation only and i've got two accounts with ~90 invites to hand out, so I thought I'd offer them on here.

Check out http://gmail.google.com

You can send attachements of upto 10mb

Let me know if you want an invite.

Trev

amanoffewwords
20th Aug 2005, 13:30
There's also the point that it's not wrapped around loads of junk advertising like MSN or Yahoo - there is advertising but it's only in the form of Adwords same as what you get when you do a search on Google.

And it seems not to receive as much spam by default as can happen with Yahoo.

amofw

FunkyMunky
20th Aug 2005, 15:05
I love gmail...the spam filter is very good, it has POP3 access, and it's very fast, compared to the likes of hotmail which always take ages to load for me. I've got a good few invites left as well, if anyone wants one.

Buttino
20th Aug 2005, 18:05
Re gmail being fast, it's a really lightweight bit of programming, there's virtually no graphics loaded and it's plain and simple html. Makes a change from most websites these days!

Another plus point instead of having an account called fred12343453 you can normally get the name you want!

Trev

Buttino
21st Aug 2005, 10:04
Midnight - PM me your email address and i'll send an invite through the gmail system.

Trev

4granted
23rd Aug 2005, 10:49
Hi
Been using gmail for about 3 months now and suddenly not getting my messages through the POP. Re-checked all settings and all ok there. Just wondering if it could be my Mozilla Thunderbird thats gone AWOL???
Any one else having problems?

Thanks in advance
4g

p.s... been the best email system I have used to date by far.

23rd Aug 2005, 18:32
Have you tried updating Thunderbird? They did release a new version recently. Mine works perfect. And I agree with you, gmail is really cool:ok:

Tolsti
24th Aug 2005, 11:32
I offered some on here months ago but was politely asked to refrain..... but I still have some and any ppruner is welcome, just pm me and you'll get one by return.

DrRedHead
29th Aug 2005, 21:12
TBH i think Gmail is the ultimate in e-mail applications as it was said above its fast due to little graphics and you never have to delete any emails unless yr like sending your self 10mb emails every second. The fact that you can easily search through your emails to find the ones you want is alsoa nice little tool and the fact its GOOGLE. What more can be said - also have invites

Note: Gmail is set to be released soon as the beta testing is pretty much done, and googles IM program is alos out for testing and includes a notification tool for your gmail account. What more do you want

Googles im www.google.com/talk