PDA

View Full Version : Emirates DEC interview........

boeingdream787
17th Aug 2005, 18:05
Can somebody help me please.I had appeared for a B777 F/O interview with EK in Dubai approx 11 months back.Did'nt get thru......... .Dunno why.........Question now is that NOW i qualify for the Direct Entry Captain slot.
a) Can I apply again.And if so can I do so for DEC direct.What is the time gap between two consequitive applications.
b) What about the hold pool.....will I be at the bottom of the pool again.
c)How do I go about it......PLEASE DO HELP HERE.Desperately seeking some answers.Also.....who do I contact if I want to expediate things......( only if that is possible......!!!! ).Thx and regards.BD:confused:

White Knight
17th Aug 2005, 18:39
Well - if you flunked the F/O interview you'll probably be a perfect DEC:yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

How can you possibly think that you could be DEC if you didn't make F/O????? Dont you think that maybe they were trying to tell you something the first time around:confused: :confused:

Try Jet Airways or somewhere equally wonderful..................

donpizmeov
17th Aug 2005, 19:00
Geese White Knight, are those rose tinted glasses fogging up in the humidity, or dusty from the sand?
What happened to the beaches and weather are beautiful and welcome to Dubai post from a year ago?

Dreamer, have you thought of QR? As Whitey has said, I think you will not get another chance. (depending of course how close a friend of AAR you are!!!).

Don

boeingdream787
17th Aug 2005, 19:49
Whitey......to begin with dude........I know of at LEAST 4 Captains/TRI's currently with EK who flunked their F/O interviews the 1st time around.Sooooo dont be such a JERK....!!!! One of them just might be doing your next line check dude.....!! Ask him then...!!! By what you just replied you sound like a VERY disgruntled and frustrated F/O who's p****d at the prospects of being superseeded in his "command turn" seniority by a new kid off the block who wanna be Captain......!!! And that too Directly..!! Well,thats how the cookie crumbles my small minded friend...!!All DEC's WILL and ARE superseding you senior F/O's.Thats cause I qualify and you did'nt.Now back to the question at hand.All i wanted to know was the time frame between aplications.Well,im sure that someone out there with a better picture will write in.Don,thanx a lot for your input my friend.Great help.But i'm not too keen on Qatar.Just does'nt cut it.I'll probably also do some pokin around with the EK managment IRT the same.Probably get some saner(if thats a word) replies from them,instead of "studio lighting"like Whitey's reply.Cheers.

christn
17th Aug 2005, 19:58
How nice to see such an educated, eloquent person representing our profession!

ekpilot
17th Aug 2005, 20:17
This is the absurdity of the whole DEC situation, isn't it? An FO colleague of ours is on the Airbus, 10.000+TT and 2500 PiC on "approved" jets. He is most likely stuck on the Airbus for another 3-4 years (atleast) because EK doesn't do transition upgrades. However, if he left EK and did another 500hrs LHS on say a a B737 with a different airline, he could come back as a DEC in less than a year. Some FOs could even resign, then reapply as DECs as it was their lack of total time that precluded their joining on the DEC scheme!
If the "No transition upgrade" policy remains come next spring, EK will find themselves very short on FOs...
Do you still wonder why there are so many disgruntled FOs?

bigilla
17th Aug 2005, 20:35
......appeared for an interview.....didn't get through.....don't know why.....

From your attitude on this thread, doesn't take a rocket scientist to tell why you didn't make it last time round. Dude.:yuk:

boeingdream787
17th Aug 2005, 20:48
Appeared for the interview.....didnt get thru......dunno why.....
EK as a matter of policy does not inform its candidates on reasons for failure.But of course I dont expect you to know that,cause you obviously NEVER failed and are probably flying EK right now.But this is for those less fortunate souls like myself,who did'nt make it the first time around and are trying to do so again.Thx for such enthusiastic and encouraging pep talk...!!

SecurID
17th Aug 2005, 21:07
This has to be a wind up. Don't bite back guys, BD is having a laugh.

CAT IIIB
17th Aug 2005, 23:17
boeingdream787
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Appeared for the interview.....didnt get thru......dunno why.....
EK as a matter of policy does not inform its candidates on reasons for failure
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are right.Unless you failed the 1st stage(Tech Quiz,Sim Check and workshop games),it is a clear cut case because they will dismiss you immediately.After the final stage,you will not know the reasons.
Or maybe they have this foreign nationals quota.They can't be taking in so many pilots from the same nationality.

BTW,I noticed that in the application form there is a question:"Have you ever applied to Emirates before?".YES/NO.
So,it goes to show that maybe there is a cooling off period otherwise they should have booked a statement in the requirements line like"Unsuccessful candidates need not apply again" or such.

fullforward
18th Aug 2005, 01:43
It seems that you're having a good time!...I don't think you're serious about your questions, man...
You stick your leg into doberman's jail and is having a laugh now!
There are a number of PPruners that just turn appopletic about ever mentioning this DEC stuff at EK!....
I think this is your way to get a good time!...
Take care man!

Cerberus
18th Aug 2005, 04:44
You only get one shot unless there were extenuating circumstances. There aren't many reasons for a do-over coz you probably can't change the personality check and being crap doesn't count. The general approach is: "You are the weakest link....goodbye"

By the way BD if you know of at least 4 guys that flunked it the first time around you are probably keeping the wrong company. Try aiming a little higher.:8

White Knight
18th Aug 2005, 05:16
Hey Don - I still love the place, having a ball living here:D :D

And I like the routes and big shiny jets:ok: There are a few things that annoy though - but remember they are not exclusive to EK:confused:

Cheers:ok:

Edited to add Dreamer787 - I couldn't care less who does my line checks or sim checks 'cos I follow SOP's!!! It's really a no brainer buddy...

Global Nomad
18th Aug 2005, 05:56
His user name explains the chances of getting another interview.

If the guy is serious, the only people that have any thing to fear will be EK management for when he comes "poking" around.

Personally, I just think it's a bad taste fishing expedition.

Dream on.

Saltaire
18th Aug 2005, 05:59
Recruitment seems to be going to hell in a handbag made in Karama. Good people leaving and rumors about previous candidates being called back for another attempt. This place needs a serious internal audit to bring it back from further erosion. If B787 is not winding up, what a tragic development. Shaking my head.....someone wake up ! Recruitment is the foundation of our future.

Global Nomad
18th Aug 2005, 06:41
White Knight

Don't worry about Don, he's just fishing for a bite because he's got nothing better to do on his days off than go fishing. Don always "tags and release" so that others may catch what he doesn't want.

Salty

I didn't know we were turning anyone down?

Boeing 787
18th Aug 2005, 06:46
Saltaire

I am B787 !!! and am not the one who started the thread.

Just for clarification guys

Regards to all

boeingdream787
18th Aug 2005, 08:44
White Knight.......your intentions were very clear by the first post you made in this thread buddy.So,besides half baked "no brainer" mumbo jumbo,I cant really expect anything better from a peabrain like u.......sooooo pls STFU.Global Nomad(who also seems to be a frustrated superseeded F/O in a kool company),the name my dear friend is boeingdream not dreamer...!! Two different meanings my good buddy.Two different meanings....!!And if SN's were anything to go by..........boy oh boy.....!! YOU my friend are begging for trouble......lolol. NO airline in the world would/should make the BLUNDER of hiring a fella with a SN like yours....!!!:E ....lol. All i wanted was info and you fellas have branded me as being anything from an angler to a managment guy.Pulleeese.I AM JUST A GUY FISHIN FOR INFO. Thats it!! For all those who tried.....Thx a million guys.And as far as Whitey is concerned........go take a Valium bubba.For if u jump like this every time u "percieve" a threat,the next time u feel jumpy might be at 41,000 ft.God knows what damage u could do then!:) .Cheers Matey.
P.S...>>>>>>>BOEING 787. I am very sorry for this confusion.This thread was started by myself.As u can see there has been some obvious mixup in our SN's.I apologise for the inconvinience caused,if any.Thx.
CERBERUS>>>>>>>I know 4 guys who flunked the first time around...........also know 40 who got thru bubba...!!! Thx for ur advice neways.Stay Kool.

Global Nomad
18th Aug 2005, 09:56
Emirates gave you the correct answer after your first interview.

We're just reiterating it.

Don't worry, I never considered you a threat....to anything.

Good luck with your other interviews.

boeingdream787
18th Aug 2005, 10:40
"We're" just reiterating it......... Global Nomad.....why the "WE"....??? Have u just been designated the mouthpiece of the forum...??Or for the entire EK community?? If so,then God Help EK!! Please speak for yourself and not on behalf of anybody...( unless you are too confused with all your other ID's floating around...!! ):D
Dont worry....I never considered you a threat.......to anything......
GN.........once again please do scroll up before posting a reply.If u notice......I was'nt talking to you when I said that but to White Knight....!! Unless (ONCE AGAIN),you chose to speak FOR him!And for the entire forum. OR.....unless(most probably),you are one and the same person.........lolol.Which is very funny.In either case quit crowding the Forum and please take your personal pickings outside.Some people may be using the forum for aquiring very critical and genuine info IRT their careers.You obviously dont seem to think so. :(

RINGAdingding
18th Aug 2005, 12:55
CAN we please have this idiot BOREINGDREAMER banned.He is a time waster and wind up merchant!!

PS BOERING DREAMER you have been tried and tested AND HAVE BEEN FOUND WANTING. Now scurry away little man and find some minnows to fry and leave the real game to the those who have received the thumbs up from EK recruitment. yes off you go:}

BYMONEK
18th Aug 2005, 13:35
Boeingdreamer787

If you really are so well connected with the 40 guys who got through first attempt, why not ask them? Surely your 'friends' should have all the answers you want. It's blatantly obvious from your post and your rude replies that your soul intention is to wind people up with this topic, especially F/O's.
If you are genuine, which I sincerely doubt you are, your time would be better spent revising interview techniques and how to perform in group exercises, especially the difficult ones where you feel that only your idea is right and all around disagree. Sound familiar?
With your current attitude, you may be revising for some time!
:suspect:
BYMONEK

bigilla
18th Aug 2005, 14:23
Quote -

"..frustrated superseeded F/O in a cool company....."

Sounds like an F/O with a great sperm count alongside a sexy chick who won't give him any............:} :} :}

Quod Boy
18th Aug 2005, 22:39
Wet Dreamer,

Your facts are incorrect,there are one or two who slipped through the net no more.I can assure you.

The fact that EK are recalling rejects and losers like you as potential DECs is a sad reflection on the current recruitment mess we are in due to the misdirected DEC programme.

Dream on and try learning to spell and use correct grammar before you attend your next interview wherever that may be in your dream world.

QB

:cool:

donpizmeov
20th Aug 2005, 02:31
Oh goody fresh meat.

Dreamer there would seem to be quite a few differences between White Knight and yourself. I guess the most obvious is that Whitey actually passed the selection process. This he did first time round, without having to go online and insult anyone. You see, he is one of the many here that would be able to be a DEC if not already employed here. And no, there is nooo way explaining that is right. The good news is that if you somehow bribe your way in, you will always be beneath him in the seniors list.

I do however, feel quite bad for you, thinking that you must work for some pretty worthless outfit to think moving here is a move up from a LHS somewhere else. And to think you even considered being an FO here an improvement!!!! You poor bugga.
I would nosey around those 40 friends you have here aleady. Are you sure none of them had a chat to the recruiters here to make sure you could not follow. Some kids just play mean!!!!!

Now why don't you run off and see if you can play with that Dicksy fella, you both have sooo much in common its spookey!!!

Don

Gee GN, you are trying to take all my fun away.

Don

Bird On
20th Aug 2005, 07:14
Gee Dona ,

your last post is most uncharacteristic.......very nasty and egotistical, not like you, a bit girlish really.

Still its getting towards that time of the month.... all those night flights start to take their toll and the stress of what lies ahead on your pending roster.

I do however, feel quite bad for you, thinking that you must work for some pretty worthless outfit to think moving here is a move up from a LHS somewhere else. And to think you even considered being an FO here an improvement!!!!

I really can't believe you wrote that. What a smack in the face and kick in the guts for all the First Officers and Captains here at Emirates who have done just that.

To all the thousands of terrific pilots who have missed out on selection by BA, LH, SAS, QF, UA, AF, EK etc etc but still manage to keep the blue side up and work at some damn fine alternatives.... well done :ok:

Having a bad day or missing out on one particular airline does not define the pilot nor the person.

PS: having a couple of hours in the LHS of a 146 does not neccessarily make one qualified for DEC positions nor to "shaft" all your peers with a scabby accelerated upgrade .

L.L.& P.

donpizmeov
20th Aug 2005, 10:26
Sorry Birdie, but disagree. This Dreamer fella is a bit of a tosser.

Dona

Bird On
20th Aug 2005, 11:17
C'mon Don ,

let's be honest now....summer in Dubai....families away for months.....summer bachelor syndrome....everyones a bit of a tosser. :\ :uhoh: :8 :O :cool:

Karma.

Go Around - Flaps.

boeingdream787
20th Aug 2005, 18:35
Thanks Birdie for the Bail.Was getting kinda lonely in here.BTW,got that interview date I was lookin for....( DEC ).Coming month.Thx all.Cya in DXB.:ok: .......:cool:. And then in EK....!!! Cheers.

millerscourt
20th Aug 2005, 19:08
Bird On is right. In a lot of cases getting a job is a hit and miss affair and a bit like looking for a needle in a haystack. I have seen some excellent people get rejected whilst some right plonkers get accepted and I am sure we all have come acoss that.

Whlist on that subject Don I doubt if Whitey has the requisite hours for a DEC at EK especially as only on a BAe146 so he is stuck at EK whether he likes it or not.

Looking at Emirates website it says "F/O's who are adaptable,self motivated and who can offer high experience levels may if suitable look forward to career growth opportunities.!! What does that say about Whitey I have to ask??

White Knight
21st Aug 2005, 18:28
MC - you're a sad man, you know that stalking is a crime in most countries:} :} But if you want to keep following my career feel free - there's still another 35 years before I'm past it:ok:

In fact, you're so keen to slag me off I'd like you to come and fly with me. Please PM me to set up a trip. Balls in your court.....