View Full Version : Current info on EPST

L_Loader
17th Aug 2005, 14:46
Hello everyone!

Does anyone have any current information about EPST?

I have been looking on pprune but only found old threads.

Maybe there is someone who has gone through their AJFC recently and know if it actually is of any use when it comes to getting that job all of us want so badly?

Is it anything like going through CTC or do they offer any of the same assistance when it comes to getting in touch with airlines?

Thanks

/L

Joe_Bar
18th Aug 2005, 12:08
It will not get you a job but it will give an empty wallet.

When I did the course there were suggestions about contract work and that they only would endorse programs if they would give a good salary. Than they offer the Wizzair program through Stormaviation which is more or less a sort of eaglejet deal.

People who did the course in 2003 still waiting for any news.

JB

K. Soze
18th Aug 2005, 13:03
I went to EPST HQ yesterday and they seemed to be a very proffesional bunch. I was told that the AJFC was mainly done for their own students as a MCC like course but they do take a small number of external candidates. EPST is mainly known on the UK market and companies like Brittania, Jet2, Ryanair and Flybe was mentioned as places where people in the past got interviews and jobs. Parc and Gecat was also mentioned as places that use EPST's advanced compass test and those two places has been used by former students for SSTR's.

I have no idea how many people did the course, if they got something out of it or if they actaully did get a job in the end but from what i was told most of the students is employed in the UK today.

Seemed like a good company - but thats just my view.

Joe_Bar
18th Aug 2005, 16:02
The students employed in the UK today are students who went though the whole course and not people who just did the AJFC course so don't be fooled.

JB

L_Loader
19th Aug 2005, 01:34
Thanks K. Soze and Joe_Bar.

This was just the kind of info I was looking for. It seems as if the CTC deal is way better then.

Anyone else who's got anything to add?

Beertender
22nd Aug 2005, 09:41
Hi,

I have also been considering EPST AJFC and CTC wings ATP scheme.
I am really interested to hear from EPST cadets (who have gone through AJFC) and whether they have succeeded in getting a interview at the airlines through the help of EPST (or through Oxford?) Many thanks.

Cheers,

Beertender