PDA

View Full Version : How many A&C got X electrics so far ??

Chad Helmuth
15th Jul 2000, 23:09
Hi all,
Just a question to ask how many A&C engineers that you know at your place of work have done the X Electrics so far.
And was it aided by the company.
Here where I work there is only 1 that has done it, and he did it of his own back.

We are doing a study to present to the management so good or bad , at least it is the facts.

------------------
I wish I was In Greenall Whitley Land !!!

greaseytech
15th Jul 2000, 23:22
Only a hand full so far, and most of them have done it off their own backs too, and had difficulty. One bloke failed his oral because he couldn't remember what coulombs were. Seems to me that the Campagn Against Aviation need more cash from engineers. I keep threatening to have astab at it, but at ?? yeras of age I have to ask my self if it is worth all this agro for no extra money.

near enuf is good enuf
16th Jul 2000, 10:03
Don't know about the "more money" but the opportunities it will open up is a different story, as a contractor anyway!! The 75/76 job in flight recently was for a contract in Zurich. One year, 31 an hr but ONLY IF YOU HAVE THE JAR LICENSE.
Be warned it has begun!!!!!!!!!!!!

growler
16th Jul 2000, 11:43
I dont know of anyone here that has got it (easyTech) but I have failed twice on self study. I know of at least 6 at M that have it, all aided by company courses.

greaseytech
16th Jul 2000, 22:41
Hi Growler, are easyTech still looking for blokes (and to be politically correct, blokesses)? It may be that some of us at Brits may like to jump shp in the near future and Et sems like a nice place to be.

For base attn
16th Jul 2000, 23:46
Of those that I know who have tried

2 pass (1 self study & 1 CSE + self study)

1 fail (at the oral stage twice - self study)

This from a total of approx 40 A&C LAME in the section so the % of attempts fairly low at this time. Company assistance virtually nil.

Art
17th Jul 2000, 10:01
Nobody has gone for the whole X electrical LWTR here as it's much cheaper and easier to do the multi-guess modules.
Only two Englishmen from EK have gone for the electrical extension to obtain B1 and one failed all modules and the other had a partial pass.

near enuf is good enuf
17th Jul 2000, 10:18
One of the issues you have to start looking at is getting your types updated to JAR.
How many A&C guys have actually sat their types with the elec bit included?

KLMxM
17th Jul 2000, 15:31
I have my "X" license and did it with LBP notes,and could not even get the company to pay for the notes. I do not know anyone else who is bothering.
I would suggest not to bother as you still need to sit JAR 66 module 5.
Better and cheaper to do the Jar 66 upgrade.
Good luck

For base attn
18th Jul 2000, 00:54
I am hearing from different sources that LAMEs holding 777 with avionic extension may be exempt from module 5. Can anyone confirm or deny this.

spannersatcx
18th Jul 2000, 22:30
What about 744 with ext E, where do you draw the line?
Apart from that I don't know of anyone who has taken or passed it yet. I'm waiting for my company to put us on training for it which they will be doing next year. That's probably because we don't have any Avionics engineers ours are all AnC with Ext E.

aeroguru
28th Jul 2000, 06:09
A and C's getting X?I can't find the time or interest to do props even.
Probably wont help telling the campaign against aviation that props are for boats!