PDA

View Full Version : National Air Services (NAS)

Rednex
13th Aug 2005, 20:06
Anyone have an interview coming up?? Any ideas on the assesment?? Good bad company to work for etc....Any gos would be great.

Sheep Guts
14th Aug 2005, 02:02
Ive got their website . But cants seem to find any contact numbers for NAS. Any ideas anyone?

Sheep

mutt
14th Aug 2005, 03:40
Do a search for

National Air Service
NAS
NJME
Al-Khayala

They are all parts of the same company.

Sheep, try [email protected]

Mutt

capt kickback
21st Aug 2005, 08:58
This company is one to stay clear off......this has been written about before on a previous thread!!.....I have worked here before!!!...If anyone wants any further info please send a PM.......

RFN
22nd Aug 2005, 08:29
Hi,

I sent you a pm re: NAS

Rgds,

RFN

capt kickback
22nd Aug 2005, 17:11
This is a general reply to all the pruners that sent me a PM regards the NAS issue, I have had a lot of PMs so I will reply to all here!!......Firstly the people looking at the Airbus positions for Al Khalaya, Cat11,RFN,sheep guts and A321 driver, this airline is run by NAS, but they are playing games with the crew!!....they give you a great speel in the interview about how wonderfull everything is with a great PP and generally put on a good show....and then you get to Riyadh(and get the real picture) and find out that the money has dropped, and that you have to spend 3-4 months there full time because they have forgotton to book your sim training, there are no training capts,they have lost your p/work for the 3rd time and all this on 50US perdiems per day...then they sort all this out-3 months later, release you to line and then tell you that they are short of crew and that you are required for another 2 months!! then of course there is the missing allowance deal where they tell you that your salary or per diems will be in the bank but never arrive!! and then the excuses start, and finally you get your first months salary or allowances paid 4-5 months later!!.......8-10 FAs have just resigned because of these reasons, and that they are putting the FAs and possibly Pilots into a 3rd rate compound in Riyadh!!...on a final note most of the management pilots(A319) have no experience on type!!... .......guys Riyadh is not the best place to live especially for a period of between 3-5 months in a 3 star hotel built in the late 70s......just look at the adverts on Flight and climbto350, they have lost alot of people and cannot get the people they need(flat learning curve!!) would you go with a company that advertises that regulary for over the past 12 months.......shagtastic NJME is not that bad as it is all taken care of by the Jeddah office, a lot better run, but you do work hard, and will probably run out of hours!!.....for the rest of you guys Dalflyer,TDZ and mutt there is NAS aircraft management based riyadh were they manage the BBJs/G300s for the Goverment as well as look after an A320 for a prince in Dammam, it is roughly the same as the Al Khalaya operation but you get 100US per day, hardly ever fly and it will probably take between 2-3 months to get your 31days off, and you will only get 50US per day until they release you to line. If you get to fly the Airbus in Dammam it is a full time position living there!!.....all in all if you like getting mucked about by Saudis for at least the first 3-4 months, living in average accomodation(especially if you dont fly!!)...and like having your salary screwed with, and dealing with incompetant management(Riyadh office) then go for it!!.....the only saving grace is FINALLY when you get your first 31 days off.......This could be a great operation but it is run by incompetant management(lineing there pockets with money), most office staff have no aviation experience and they have no idea on how to look after there expat crew!!!...........you have been warned!!!

Formally Known As
23rd Aug 2005, 19:26
I had an interview with them last year and got blown out of the water. Seems like they did me a real favour.

josephshankes
29th Aug 2005, 07:46
Part of their problem is they (the Saudis) are getting too worked up about putting candidates through IQ tests etc. Instead they should put a bit of effort into whether a person is going to stay for the long haul and be a team player ie., get on with other people. I got the impression they were looking for potentual rocket scientists.

Lets face it, if a guy has a valid licence (Europeon) then he must have had some sort of IQ to have passed the examinations and have demonstrated some sort of flying ability.