PDA

View Full Version : Analysing Ozjet - The Unoffocial Financial Plan

Legal_Counsel
12th Aug 2005, 22:05
I thought this could a useful thing to invite our learned readers to make an objective start to analysing wannabe Ozjet Airlines' likely financial performance over the next 5 years.

I have basically laid out 4 tables here for people to add elements to and modify as required. Please ensure you sum the columns after making your changes. Just copy and paste from previous post.

Let's see if we can determine how Ozjet might perform. You can add as many lines as required but no silly stuff please because we could get some really useful insight here.

==============================================

Profit/Loss Statement AUD ( $A) 60 Seats 737-200

Period 10 June 05 - Start Yr 1 Yr 2 Yr 3 Yr 4 Yr 5

Revenue
-pax tkt sales
-grants

Expenses

- fuel
- direct labour
- contract labour
- depreciation
- property rent
- equip leases
- airways charges
- overheads

Net Profit

Tax

Profit

=============================================

Balance Sheet

Assets

Current Assets
-cash at bank

Non-Current Assets
- aircraft
less accum depr
- equip
less accum depr

Net Assets

Liabilities

Current Liabilities
- employee prov

Non Current Liabilities
- employee prov

Net Liabilities

Capital
Retained Earnings
Equity

Statement of Cash Flows

Inflows

Cash from Investment
Cash from Operations

Outflows

Cash to Operations
Cash to acquire Assets

Net Cash Flow In/(out)

Performance

Pax

RPK

Cost/Ask (Cents)

# Airplanes

# FT Employees

# FT Employees/Airpl

Notes and Assumptions: (add as required)

Thanks to all who contribute.:ok:

Arctic_Aviator
13th Aug 2005, 18:53
Great topic idea!

Does Stoddart predict a fairly healthy cost per ASK?! I am certain he is savy enough to keep a fairly tight control on costs associated with labour and leases; have the airports shown them any favour in allocating decent space at a reasonable price?

Are they self-handling or contracting?

I wonder if they expect the -200's to hold up long enough, with a fairly acceptable dispatch reliability?!...

If they make the 5 years, it will certainly be interesting to see how the number's develop over the period...

Look forward to seeing responses from all!

Arctic ;)

Legal_Counsel
15th Aug 2005, 08:53
Yeah I think it is a good idea too, gives some credibility to PPRUNE. Thanks for the support.:D

Legal_Counsel
12th Sep 2005, 13:18
Isn't anyone going to even try to fill this in? Man, it's any wonder airlines collapse in Australia!!!!! No one has any idea about business planning !!!!

OK I will start it off by putting in the cost of fuel.

Profit/Loss Statement AUD ( $A) 60 Seats 737-200

Revenue
-pax tkt sales
-grants

Expenses

- fuel Start = 50K Yr 1 = 15.5M
- direct labour
- contract labour
- depreciation
- property rent
- equip leases
- airways charges
- overheads

Net Profit

Tax

Profit

Balance Sheet

Assets

Current Assets
-cash at bank

Non-Current Assets
- aircraft
less accum depr
- equip
less accum depr

Net Assets

Liabilities

Current Liabilities
- employee prov

Non Current Liabilities
- employee prov

Net Liabilities

Capital
Retained Earnings
Equity

Statement of Cash Flows

Inflows

Cash from Investment
Cash from Operations

Outflows

Cash to Operations
Cash to acquire Assets

Net Cash Flow In/(out)

Performance

Pax

RPK

Cost/Ask (Cents)

# Airplanes

# FT Employees

# FT Employees/Airpl

Notes and Assumptions: (add as required)

waav8r
13th Sep 2005, 03:45
Isn't anyone going to even try to fill this in? Man, it's any wonder airlines collapse in Australia!!!!! No one has any idea about business planning !!!!

Legal_counsel. Quite to the contrary - the people who know about airline business planning are busy planning for a real airline (unlike your very own Gold Airways scam which, once OzJet are operational - will become even more of a pie in the sky) and thankfully have not been infected with your OCD with regard to OzJet.

Just quit flogging a dead horse and try to get yourself a life.... OzJet is on the verge of changing the travel scene in Australia once and for all and there are tens of thousands waiting for an alternative to the cattle-class currently on offer.:}

Legal_Counsel
13th Sep 2005, 07:14
waav8R, what on earth are you writing?

"(unlike your very own Gold Airways scam which, once OzJet are operational - will become even more of a pie in the sky) and thankfully have not been infected with your OCD with regard to OzJet."

Let's get it straight. I have nothing to do with Gold Airways so it's quite unfair you associate that organisation as a scam I am perpetrating. You ought to be banned from PPRUNE forever for that remark.

:*

EAF122
13th Sep 2005, 23:15
GUYS, GUYS, GUYS,
dont waste your time anymore, Paul Stoodart belongs to the MAFIA, he is a liar, how many times i need to tell you, every body in this planet knows him, he is under a very strict financial control, by the UK goverment. Stop dreaming about OZJET, PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE.

Legal_Counsel
14th Sep 2005, 01:03
EAF122, I think if he has debts to pay out to staff he ought to pay them. That's what honest people do, or a least try to do. Right now I have not seen any evidence of him trying myself.

However, you could enlist support in this country's aviation community and the press to put pressure on him to settle them, particularly if he owes money for salary and wages, as Australians do not like people who try to big note themselves and take all the profits. If he is a liar and you can truthfully show it, you might get an unexpected number of people supporting you.

Secondary boycotts are illegal but maybe just highlighting this might bring it to a quick settlement for all your colleagues left in this predicament.

Tell us more! Let's get the truth out. Give others a chance voice their disapproval.

ginjockey
14th Sep 2005, 01:28
Considering most pilots can't even complete their own tax return paperwork correctly, I don't think too many of them will be responding with detailed costings related to the depreciation and labour costs involved in running a jet airline operation. Most pilots wander into the discount tax return office with their shoe box full of receipts for their enormous wristwatches and expensive sunglasses, about 15 group certificates from the 15 employers that used them that year and a couple receipts for a renewal and that's the extent of their financial expertise.

I have no idea how this business will go in Australia but as far I'm concerned, this bloke is having a go and trying to make it happen so good luck to him.

Legal_Counsel
14th Sep 2005, 01:42
Why would you want to wish him good luck if he has left ex employees without entitlements?

I like your analogy of the pilot and the tax return but isn't that exactly it. There is no plan.

:rolleyes:

African Tech Rep
14th Sep 2005, 08:49
I sort of worked for PS once upon a time (contractor doing BAC 111) and meet him a couple of times when he visited the hanger to talk to the guys with dirty hands.

My memories are of someone who didn’t mind getting his hands dirty, but also who knew he was the boss and didn’t take any bull.

The guys definitely got a money making brain – some of the stories about the deals he’s done just make you sit there thinking “who would take that chance / see that as an opportunity”.

Knock him by all means – but give some facts, cause without them I’m sticking to my memory that if you worked for him he was fair, but if you attended and he tagged you as an attendee ………………..

ginjockey
14th Sep 2005, 10:42
Legal,

Although I support the concept of having a red hot go at life, I actually have no idea of the business background or history of Ozjet so if he's deliberately dumped all over his former employees then I didn't know and he therefore deserves to be chased from this country like a rabid dog ....

cheers

Gin

AIRWAY
14th Sep 2005, 10:52
Good luck to him and his new venture :ok:

EAF122
15th Sep 2005, 00:55
Legal_Counsel
Unfortunally you can not deal with MAFIA, and mafia people are not honest, so he wont pay his debts, we had a tribunal against him for the last 18 month, and still waitting, he will never pay, and he will do the same again and again.WE been trying to make aware of his attitude for 18 month, telling every one wich kind of person he is, but we always been told that we were negative people, i dont need to suport anything what i say, you can make your own enquires, and i can tell you there is a lot out there about this MR. everybody knows him, ask the minardi F1 team, they can tell you, the way he is, the autralians authorities are aware of his business, this is a wake up call, for you and everybody else who wants to get a job with that men, you are old enough to make your owm decisions, the only thing i can advise you, is BE CAREFULL.........

Legal_Counsel
22nd Sep 2005, 15:34
Hey pruners, surely there must be more of you who are owed money. Come on let's hear from you.