PDA

View Full Version : Vc10 Mt Pleasant

KPax
12th Aug 2005, 20:28
'RUMOURS & NEWS' forum asking for news about a VC10 incident in FI, any gen.

D-IFF_ident
12th Aug 2005, 20:37
http://www.falkland-malvinas.com/Detalle.asp?NUM=6233

Ah, Google...

VC10 damaged.

MILITARY officials are investigating the cause of an incident on Wednesday afternoon when a VC 10 aircraft was damaged upon landing.
Four port side tyres burst when the VC10 touched down at Mount Pleasant Airfield. The aircraft had been out on a routine flight.
Officials from the base confirmed that the aircraft will not be flying again until they have finished looking into the matter, but say that it is a pretty quick process. The aircraft is reported to have made a safe touchdown while reports that there was damage to the runway have been denied. FIBS

fatter albert
13th Aug 2005, 15:42
Good one. Now the world knows your operational capability.

BEagle
13th Aug 2005, 15:57
Yup, the Bennies must be quaking in their wellies.....:uhoh:

Engineer
14th Aug 2005, 01:08
fatter albert your post suits your location. :{

Omark44
14th Aug 2005, 01:59
If the operational capability of the RAF rests on one damaged bogie then the western world is in a far worse state that I thought!:confused: ;)

(edited for spleiing).

Nil nos tremefacit
15th Aug 2005, 07:34
Better check our bogeys are undamaged.

(Finger up nose).

My bogeys are fine; taste good too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ok:

Farmer 1
15th Aug 2005, 08:20
I hate to be pedantic, but - it's bogy (what gets up your nose, that is). A bogey is one above par on the golf course.

The things children say: My young son once asked me, "Why are bogies green?" Answers on a postcard, please, but not to me.

Omark44
15th Aug 2005, 11:44
Ah yes! Sorry Chasps, (bet you don't remember him, ('Chasps', the wonderful Ted Clowes), unless you flew Swifts and/or the 'Meatbox') got my finger in the wrong place again! BOGIE it is, BOGIE!!!!:ok:

Art Field
15th Aug 2005, 13:34
Omrk44.

Well now that''s where your wrong but by the time I met Ted he was in the RCAF and instructing on Harvards at Penhold in Alberta circa 1957. He was the life and sole of any party yet TT so great for the drive home after. A real character, I regret I don't know where he went from there.

My instructor at AFS on T-33's was Laurie Patrick, also ex RAF. renown for beating up Bournemouth Beach in a Meteor.

BEagle
15th Aug 2005, 15:44
And there was me thinking it was some bloke called Orville who taught you to fly, Arters!

Or was it Wilbur?

:p

Art Field
15th Aug 2005, 19:19
Nothing to do with bogies, VC10, misuse of {Guilty my Lord in my time} but Magister, wheels of, under the tutorage of one Cyril Pashley, holder of one of the first hundred Royal Aero Club licences, not quite Wilber but he probably knew him.

Orville was that stupid green bird that always sounded like it had bogy's up its beak.

BlueEagle
16th Aug 2005, 00:59
Last time I saw Ted Clowes he was instructing ab initio on the Chipmunk at Middle Wallop, circa 1964/5. Lived, I think, in Grately and played in a local jazz band, a really great bloke, drove an Austin Healey 3000.