PDA

View Full Version : Request information about the Ek interview

Julio Cesar Franco T
12th Aug 2005, 17:10
Greetings:

I am Julio C. Franco, I´ve received the invitation for the Ek interview for Sept. 9th, 2005.
Does any one can provide me with useful information about the interview?
I will appreciate your kind help.

Thank you..

Best Regards.

Sheikh Your Bootie
12th Aug 2005, 17:46
What is it with the latest candidates, i mean use the freaking Search button on this forum durrrrr.....:suspect:

SyB :zzz:

BBJ King
13th Aug 2005, 06:07
What do you mean? These are the people they are looking for;)

hann
13th Aug 2005, 09:56
It's like banging your head against the nearest sand dune :ouch:

yardman
13th Aug 2005, 16:02
Guys,
Lighten up and give him a break. He just joined pprune like yesterday. A little constructive advice and little less patronisation might be more helpful.

They are however correct that if you type the term "EK interview" in the search field, you should find a wealth of info on it. Good luck:ok:

Yardman

on the glide
15th Aug 2005, 13:48
Gus n Gals,

It's a positive attitude to give a chance to others,

O_g

Scudsy
15th Aug 2005, 14:59
Yeah! Go easy on him he's new!

The sim ride is straight forward. Just like a normal sim check. The interviews are also ok, just be yourself. It's a long 3 days so use your time wisely to see if it really is for you.

Please ask them these points:

1) Will I be put on the freighter fleet?

Because if you are you'll be stuck there. No promotion chances and no fleet transfer policy. NONE.

2) Accomodation. Can you show me the new villas being built in silicon city? They may or may not be what you want for your family. If you are single your apartment may be poor quality. It takes a long time to arrange something else and no hope of a swap. Why?

3) What is the inflation rate in Dubai? 25% pay increases for some people in UAE to try and keep up with the increasing cost of life here. But this is not true of Emirates which has just had 8%. That sounds good but rents are far more inflated than this and the increase in accomodation allowance does not cover it enough. Also the 8% was linked to a change in overtime pay which saved the company some money (perhaps 8%).

4) Is it true there are NO transition upgrades? Why are there no transition upgades? Is it because EK training is a problem? Where is my career path in the light of this strange policy?

5) how often do my terms and conditions of employment change?

:{