PDA

View Full Version : Salaries for engineers...

TwoDeadDogs
7th Oct 2000, 20:44
Hello,lads
Seeing as EI has plunged into oneworld and the pilots want a 100% pay-rise to give them parity with other oneworld jockeys,could any of you enlighten me as to the approximate salaries of engineers(with and without licenses),crew chiefs,supervisors,maintenance managers and so on in BA,Qantas,AA,LanChile and whoever else is involved.
It would be interesting and probably an eye-opener for those of us in EI.
regards
TDD

redtail
8th Oct 2000, 02:26
For AA, check out http://www.amfanow.org/AMT-Wage_Scales.htm

TwoDeadDogs
8th Oct 2000, 22:50
Thanx,Reddo.
Our impending flotation in EI has caused a lot of head-scratching and shag all info from our union or our bosses,with regards to job prospects,disposal of aircraft,share options(or not),training and a million other items.
regards
TDD

redtail
9th Oct 2000, 04:24
I’m not sure about the rules, stock policies and such where you are, but from my experience I would only accept stock or shares from a company if the options where given to me as shares or nothing, instead of shares in exchange for salary. I do not believe I have seen any ESOP deals in the US that did the work force any favors. There are many folks over here that will gladly give you their Braniff, Eastern or Pan Am stock if you can pay the postage for it. Get my point?

Good luck. I never liked being in the position you are talking about. Hope things stabilize for you in a positive way.

jetfueldrinker
10th Oct 2000, 00:08
TDD, who is it you wok for? Didn't know of any floatation in EI. Over here in the UK an engineer with tickets can expect to earn about 32K, without, anout 27K if that is any help to you.

TwoDeadDogs
11th Oct 2000, 00:30
Thanx,JFD
I work for CunniLingus in the "Mushroom" department,ie,kept in the dark and fed **** .EI will be floated probably next Spring and this has all of us in the spanner-turning end in Dublin wondering what's to become of us,especially since there are plans afoot to shed our remaining F50s and half our 146s.We are having difficulty in getting a straight word from our union and management.
regards
TDD

LME (GOD)
12th Oct 2000, 04:27
At LHR T3, UA, AA, SV (my lot) all pay in or around the 28k mark. The main difference is the benefits package. The majors have a very nice interline setup, while the shower i work for wouldn't spend christmas. Now that i have that off my chest..I used to work for FR, and when i was there they were the best paid line eng's in Dublin. Has this changed??

------------------
Technical beating applied iaw MM

TwoDeadDogs
13th Oct 2000, 03:28
Your Godship
Thanx for the reply.I couldn't tell you gospel about FR but I'm told it's in the region of 30K for license holders.
regards
TDD

somefokker
19th Oct 2000, 01:01
Helo folks.
FR are the best payers at DUB after the contractors at City Jet who can earn in excess of £30 an hour. The money at FR is better if you're an Avionic guy with full coverage (E,I,R, 737-2/800).
Might have to apply there myself soon.
Regds
SomeFokker ;)

CONES R US
19th Oct 2000, 23:56
The rate at CityJet is £24 an hour (STG), but there are UK jobs around for £27 -28 an hour, A+C as well as avionic

------------------
NO FAULT FOUND