PDA

View Full Version : Comparison of major integrated programmes

ask26
12th Aug 2005, 00:37
From what I've found on the web and forums it seems as if the major 4 integrated flight training providers for the UK market are
CTC, OAT, FTE and Cabair. Would this be correct or are there others to peoples knowledge?

Also does anyone know about some of the strengths/weaknesses of the courses. It seems that OAT, CTC will enable myself to finance a larger bank loan which I'm expecting to do. OAT also seem to have more of its grads going to a variety of airlines, or is that not true. I'm trying to get a feel so when I apply I know which would offer me the best combination of price, training hours and teaching quality.

ask26
12th Aug 2005, 07:53
I've never heard of the Aussie one, are they a separate provider who just use Cranfield facs for the last 2 months. Does anyone know of anyone who has been over there?

After all it does seem to give you a lot more flying hours, 283.5, comparable to CTC's 285.

Tallbloke
12th Aug 2005, 08:37
The CTC course is not an integrated course, it is a structured modular course, the same as the Multiflight course advertised on Pprune. I would love to see the answer to the question you asked on the Oxford forum (http://www.oxfordaviation.net/Forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1910) .

The Australian course asks for a lot of money upfront, something which Clive Hughes would say is a big no no. However at the bottom they do stress how the course fees are protected by various schemes. It would be worth researching these first though before sending £23,000 overseas!

Who is their partner at Cranfield?

G-SP0T
12th Aug 2005, 16:54
if u look at oxfords "look how many jobs we've got ppl page", ignoring BA more of there modular students get jobs!!! seems abit strange...

BillieBob
12th Aug 2005, 22:24
It is interesting to see that Oxford's marketing is no more truthful now that it has passed its 40th anniversary. The MD, no less, makes the statement, in the link provided by Tallbloke, that "There are no other integrated FTOs approved by the UKCAA other than OAT, FTE and CCAT." which, as Gator 32 points out, is a blatant lie. WAAC is approved by the UK CAA as an integrated FTO, as OAT's MD well knows.

It is true that CTC do not hold integrated approval and cannot do so as long as they rely on distance learning for their groundschool. However, their connections with the airline industry are a great deal stronger than any of the integrated schools, as evidenced by their placement record, which is far better even than OAT's.

Judging by the pilots that have passed through the TRTOs that I work for, there is little to choose between the product of the various integrated schools (except for WAAC that has yet to train anyone and, therefore, has no track record). Whilst we tend not to see much of the CTC product (they provide their own type rating training, in the main), the feed back I have is invariably positive. However, I can make no comment on the various pricing structures but would advise that any statement by any marketing department, relating to either price or outcome, should be taken with a very large pinch of salt.

ask26
13th Aug 2005, 00:08
Do you know anything about WAAC in terms of its reputation, instructor quality etc.. as the fact it's a new course with up-front doesn't concern me that much if I knew that it was a repuatble organisation who are doing well in other areas of training?