PDA

View Full Version : B737NG or A320...???

boeingdream787
11th Aug 2005, 19:16
Hey guys. Just a thought. More of advice if you please....!! I have quite a few thousand hours on a mix of an A300-B4 and a 737-200 fleet. Evaluater on both. Current on the 732's. Considering the current market scenario.....ie in regards to airline airplanes aquisition in the Asian/Eastern/Middle Eastern regions,I am at an unavoidable and inevitable crossroads in my life.......pick up a 737NG endorsment or transgress onto the Airbus fleet and pick up a comparative A319/320 endorsment....!! Both are avalible and for the asking. Dont get me wrong here guys,im not here to weigh one against the other as companies but rather a pilot trying very hard to take a very tough decision in his career. Any and ALL help is welcome. Which would be the better fleet to fly in the longer run?? ( I have approx 25 more years of winging in me....lol ). I know it is anybody's guess but i would rather it be yours please....!! Dont let my screen name fool you. I'm currently working in an East Asian enviornment. But this holds true for the entire region. Could you please throw in aircraft acceptability worldwide and region wise/endorsment quality/airplane technology standards/endorsment acceptability and last but not least.....the satisfaction of flying both these machines.Very honest input has been very sincerely solicited.Thx for your help in advance guys.Could'nt think of a better forum to pose this question in...!! B737NG or A320...??? :ok:

Sky_Captain
11th Aug 2005, 21:33
bd787, I think the "Questions" forum would have been a better place to post this question.
Dont let my screen name fool you Screen names say a lot about people on this site, I personally look forward to the 787, and if your the same, then go with the NG. The furure markets can't be predicted, having the airbus rating makes life a lot simpler to move accross from the 319 to the 340, not quite the same with the boeing.

Honestly, this is a debate that can continue on until the cows come home and then some :rolleyes: I'm a Boeing man myself, so i'd say Boeing, but its your life, your decision. Whichever one you make, you'll still be doing what most of us love to do, Fly!

Good Luck

S.C. :ok:

privatejet
12th Aug 2005, 06:56
go for the NG plenty of jobs around

flying scotsman
12th Aug 2005, 11:05
done both. much prefer the bus. there is nothing wrong with it. I've got 35 years left too and would quite happily finish out on them.:ok:

alexban
12th Aug 2005, 11:08
hopefully,soon the type-rate on the NG will be good for entire Boeing family-the bigger ones also - like on the Bus ,at least this is what i've heard Boeing is talking of recently.

scroggs
12th Aug 2005, 14:06
'Wannabes - Interviews, Jobs and Sponsorship' is not an appropriate place for this topic given your experience. See this topic (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=162539) for a more detailed explanation. 'Questions' - as Sky_Captain suggested - could be better, but the forum where experienced pilots discuss jobs, etc. is 'Terms and Endearment', which is where I shall send it.

Scroggs
Wannabes Mod.

Jetavia
12th Aug 2005, 15:18
Maybe what we need is an extra "Interviews, Jobs and Sponsorships" section so we have one for first timers and one for experienced job seekers, the two can be placed in a "Job hunting" category.

To me, Terms and Endearment, sounds more like a forum about employment contract terms etc.

Just my thoughts :D

pilothouse
12th Aug 2005, 19:26
I've flown loads of both and reckon that Boeings are more fun.

If you go down the Airbus route you may never fly another flightdeck for the rest of your career - the only thing that will change is the number of passenger seats attached to it. What kind of career is that?

NG_Kaptain
22nd Aug 2005, 20:24
Also flown both, way prefer the Airbus (340), enjoy the side stick and the huge flightdeck. Found the 737-700 and 800 very cramped, and this was coming off the MD 80 to the 737. The PFD and ND are nicer on the Boeing (easier to see in bright sun light) and the FMS is way easier to use than the Airbuses' FMGS. Just a matter of preference, because some of my collegues are wanting to bid back on the 737. Have seven years more flying and dont mind staying right where I am.