PDA

View Full Version : Netjets Gulfstream V ad in Flight

Jumbo Jockey
11th Aug 2005, 18:51
"NetJets requires the following experienced pilots and flying engineers for a Gulfstream operation based in S.E. England."

Wossat den?

:D

french clover
11th Aug 2005, 20:30
I dunno!But should they hire DEC on the G5,I would leave my mighty BRAVO on the spot and fly to pastures new.

flyboy2004
12th Aug 2005, 18:31
I would trust we are talking about the B.P. GV that is being managed by NJ, and was based in the U.S. - Chicago I believe?

May sound corny, but lets fly safe guys and girls!

Daifly
12th Aug 2005, 20:02
We most certainly are, yes.

josephshankes
12th Aug 2005, 22:40
Now this is typical of the attitude ("if you don't like it f*** off") of some companies, especially American companies operating outside the US.

Take a pilot that has been "seatlocked on type" yank expresion not mine, for eg., a Bravo for 5 years proving their loyalty to the company. They recognise this by rewarding them with an advertisement waved under their nose like that. Can't think of a better way to destroy moral. I would put up with that for 5 minutes flat.

Perhaps I have it all wrong. Maybe the pilots like operating the light jets as they only have to do the cartering for the pax themselves, especially when they are paid less for doing so. How do I know?? Ask any poor sods who were 'seat locked" at Flexjet Europe, on the Lears, paid a lot less money and for more work.

These companies don't seem to have any perception of building up any sort of moral not to mention loyalty.

Just wait until the pilot shortage really kicks in, then they will reap the rewards for such abuse. What a kick in the teeth.

Daifly
12th Aug 2005, 22:50
I'd imagine insurance has a great deal to do with it. The majority of insurance companies (and possibly aircraft owners) stipulate high minima for their pilots on heavier metal like the GV.

It's very chicken and egg, but I guess that's when who you know comes into play...

Smeagel
13th Aug 2005, 10:37
:hmm: I'm saying nuffin.

flyboy2004
13th Aug 2005, 13:27
josephshankes you are very right to be upset - who gives a damn these days! However, Daifly is also correct regarding the insurance issue. Although doesn't Warren Buffet own an insurance 'outfit?!'

I do remember when I got onto a 900EX, that the insurance factor was a critical step along with all the Flight Safety stuff etc. Can't remember any figures but Flight Safety sort of cover a bit of the insurance as a 'Well Trained Crew Member.'

Isn't flying great! lol

josephshankes
13th Aug 2005, 15:55
My answer is this. I bet a pension that they have pilots on the light jets, who have heavy A/C experience not to mention training experience on heavies so I can't see that insurance requirements would be an obstacle.

So I am still to be convinced this is fair. Why not promote within??

Where's that Jenvey chap when you need him?? Isn't he management??

tophe
14th Aug 2005, 18:00
Should be for BP managed aircraft with totaly different contract and flying according to "jungle" private rules: no duty time,on call H24 and so on..........
Better stay on a "light" acft if you want some life I guess.

trainer too 2
14th Aug 2005, 19:43
This will be through a complete different company. State side their are 4 different NetJets: Normal , Large and Boeing aircraft as well as managed aircraft.

This is the start of no 2 NetJets company in Europe I guess for all the managed aircraft.

FALCON.net
17th Aug 2005, 12:17
Base : EGLF Only ..

Two weeks ON two weeks OFF ... well part 91 or "G" Rules ...24 / 15 days roster/ on call ...

Away from Netjets contract....

A lot of Hours on the "Gs" ...at least for the PIC...

VP register.

Great Company to fly with for sure ...

2FLYEU
10th Sep 2005, 17:13
Hi all,
Has anyone been called yet for an interview
for the G-V f/o position?

Thnx

Jumbo Jockey
14th Sep 2005, 23:54
Dunno about the f/o side of things, but I applied for a skipper slot, and apart from the standard letter acknowledging receipt of the application, I've heard nary a thing so far.... thought I was reasonably well qualified too!

montys ex teaboy
15th Sep 2005, 07:13
Jumbo Jockey

Are you type rated on the GV??

2FLYEU
15th Sep 2005, 19:21
G'day Jumbo Jockey,
Yeah, same here only the letter for f/o position and nothing else so far.
Probably they have hundreds of C.V's to review
Well..good luck to you JJ.

Happy landings

Jumbo Jockey
21st Sep 2005, 09:46
Monty's ex: Thank you for asking, but no, I'm not - although, strictly speaking, neither did the advert require me to be. I hoped and figured that a bit of background in some high-quality GA operations, including a reasonable amount of time transporting around the senior executives of the august organisation in question, might count in my favour in lieu!

2FLYEU: Thanks for the good wishes; very best of luck to you too!

Regards

JJ:D

V12
21st Sep 2005, 11:23
Are we seeing a pattern developing here?

It seems Net jets in europe have now replaced the corporate flight departments of BP, Granada, Dravidian De Beers, and I hear they are just about to wipe out a major european auto manufacturer's flight dept. Anyone know of any others??

When they talk about removing the hassle of a corporate flight department I guess they mean 'Chief Pilots' - looks like one day soon everyone on the bizjet side will be employed by NJ at NJ rates on NJ rosters.

Fear your future!

Bumz_Rush
22nd Sep 2005, 07:37
I understand that some interviews have taken place.

Captain as I understand it.

Any one have news yet...you know who I am talking to...

Bumz

SpaceSheep
22nd Sep 2005, 16:18
Bumz,

You talking about me????????

Baaaa

Bumz_Rush
22nd Sep 2005, 18:04
As I understand the situation they also interviewed Heavy corporate crew as well....

So what is happening....

Bumz

DUAL RATED
26th Sep 2005, 12:09
Rumour has it people got offered last Friday

Daifly
28th Sep 2005, 19:07
All offered out now.

6 days on / 4 days off.

Bumz_Rush
30th Sep 2005, 01:49
As I understand it one post went to one of the old UK BP based crew, and at least on of the copilot posts went to a low houred, non JAA, but typed person, he is very competent, and will fit in well, even if he does live on the west coast of the USA......Bumz

melia
30th Sep 2005, 08:43
If I understand this, British Petroleum who used to have a large fleet of aircraft in the UK, (lost them when Dick Oliver took control), now has a GV based in the UK operated by Netjets Management a wholly owned susidury of an American company which will be crewed by at least one none UK pilot in the UK!

It is understandable that people become protectionist and the UK CAA want to stop flags of convenience.

Has anyone tried to get a job in the USA lately?

Formally Known As
30th Sep 2005, 13:18
No. If you tried you will be unsuccessful, unless you hold a greencard or a US citizen. Faa validation? Forget it.

Until the spineless EU show some type of backbone and create a level playing field for all, this state of affairs will continue.

DUAL RATED
2nd Oct 2005, 15:32
That co pilot your on about does have a jaa licence but not typed with GV and comes from Scotland but spends some of his free time in LA when not flying in europe. another co-pilot turned the job down

Bumz_Rush
2nd Oct 2005, 16:58
if we are talking about the same person the copilot, who lives some time in Scotland...is a friend...at least he was until yesterday.....and has a EU passport, and a JAA licence.....Bumz

Fried_Chicken
30th Dec 2005, 10:32
I understand the particular GV in question has recently been re-reg'd in Bermuda & is now in service, based at Farnborough?

FC

FLEXJET
30th Dec 2005, 11:16
You're right FC.
Registration is now VP-BEP.
Was flying Halifax/Farnborough last friday.