PDA

View Full Version : Emerald

Smirnoff Ice
11th Aug 2005, 17:17
Hey Crewing and Op's God's and Goddesses!!
Does anybody have any info on Crewing Manager's job @ EMERALD????

Ta
S I :ok:

Germstone
11th Aug 2005, 21:32
just one bit of advice

BEWARE the MOB

EI-CGO
12th Aug 2005, 15:36
I expect all HELL is breaking loose in Crewing right now trying to cover that Scottish route on the shed for the next 5 weeks.

Its those guys I really feel sorry for.

Low life
15th Aug 2005, 06:59
What happend to the existing crew control manager

cwllpl
15th Aug 2005, 18:16
probably got eaten by the MOB.

Crewing in JEM are Pathetic.

My advise, don;t touch with a 10 ft pole

:O

EI-CGO
17th Aug 2005, 12:33
I think thats pretty harsh on the actual Crewing people who work there, most I have ever dealt with have been decent enough people, to call them pathetic is wrong.

When ludicrous charter requests that are more or less IMPOSSIBLE to crew are accepted (without checking with them), thats when they look REALLY stupid, as it normally results in the 15th roster change for that day and that is not their fault, when someone is gobbing off down the phone at them to sort it out it also creates an air of chaos.

All I can say for anyone taking on this impossible, thankless role, well just DONT.

well hung ops gimp
20th Aug 2005, 16:31
cwllpl is talking out of his ar-- crewing at emerald do a fantastic
job dispite all the crap thrown at them and ops . if a large
proportion of the crews got their head from up their ar-- and put as much work into doing the job rather than trying to screw the company things would be better and more profitable.but saying that many of the problem pilots are on the move so things should pick up . feel sorry for the airlines they are going to but then again i do not think the big airlines will put up with there crap

Cheers Buddy
3rd Sep 2005, 10:43
<deleted by admin>

Ladies and gentlemen, if you wish to abuse each other, please do it by Email or PM - not on a public forum. Genghis, admin.

ops 69
3rd Sep 2005, 10:45
calm down cheers buddy i love the sight of there fleet of hs748 and atp a/c it makes my day

Germstone
3rd Sep 2005, 16:44
i love the sight of there fleet of hs748 and atp a/c it makes my day

go work for them....bet you dont say the same thing in 6 months time ;-)

Cheers Buddy
3rd Sep 2005, 16:52
Germstone
I have it on strong evidence that ops69 stands at the end of runway 27 waving at every JEM aircraft. He would love to work for JEM and hopes an opportunity will arise soon.
Cheers Buddy

Germstone
3rd Sep 2005, 21:49
ops69 should be carefull of what he wishes for !!!!

im sure a lot of you peeps on here think its just guys with sour grapes posting things about emerald on here.

lets just get something straight emerald is the real deal if you want to see how not to run an airline go work for them they have the monopoly on clown managers.

just glad im out of it now

Doctor Cruces
6th Sep 2005, 20:35
EI-CGO

Better still than your scenario is one where the mobsters sidekick and punchbag (the one with the Liverpool accent) came to Ops one day and asked the chance of crewing some ludicrous flight to one of the North European countries (not being coy, just can't remember). Ops and crewing already having a hard time to crew tonites debacle anyway because of crew sickness etc, do their usual magnificent job of trying to magic up an extra crew (begging, cajoling, making promises NOBODY can keep). After half an hour even the Sidekick agrees we can't do it and goes away to tell the Mobster.

Doubless after a long moral boosting "chat" from MOB, including the usual about ops being a useless bunch of W******, Sidekick rings Ops and says that he's accepted the flight and he just "knows" we will be able to find a crew!!

Things obviously haven't changed, and like Gemstone I'm sure glad to be out of it.

Doc C

Germstone
6th Sep 2005, 21:19
long moral boosting

ah yes i had almost forgotton about MOB's memorable morale boosting sessions.

if he tried some of the stunts he pulled anywhere else but work he would be nursing some preety nasty injuries.

couldnt happen to a nicer person though.....could it?

Not Interested
6th Sep 2005, 21:37
MOB is a good friend of mine. Show him some respect!!

Germstone
7th Sep 2005, 18:14
nice to know at least one person would miss the MOB

MOB is a good friend of mine. Show him some respect!

ok i have bared my butt cheeks in a southerly direction

EGNH01
7th Sep 2005, 20:33
its probably the sidekick :p

It is very obvious things have not changed at JEM.....good experience during my time there...the way how not to do it!!!

Germstone
7th Sep 2005, 20:48
EGNH

nothing ever changes at emerald its as gash as its always been basically because its the same old faces running the show

andrewmitchelin
20th Sep 2005, 12:45
well we work in Crewing and we love it :=

Germstone
20th Sep 2005, 19:43
andrew

not saying i didnt enjoy my time with emerald some great people there to work with had some good experiences whilst i with them.

what was frustrating was the same old mistakes made time and time again management informed every time and no changes ever made or put in place to prevent them cropping up again.

also the amount of money pouring out of the door on crap decisions made by people who shouldnt really be in the positions they were

Doctor Cruces
21st Sep 2005, 11:40
Right with You There, Gemstone.

Some great people there when I was and I enjoyed their company greatly. Apart from MOB's "mole" in the ops room, we all had the same enemy and we all watched each others back, just in case. Everyone helped everyone else in the constant war, for war it was, against the common foe. That's no way to run a railroad, as they say.

Trouble is , MOB likes to think he's MOL but hasn't the success.

Doc C.

cwllpl
22nd Sep 2005, 10:18
emerald would be run alot better without the mob and i think everyone would agree with me. rumour has it that cheers buddy is getting a job with emerald washing the planes his tongue is big enough to do it ask anyone the windows in the terminal are spottless. As for rofam1010 i belive he has a job in america as a number one with his boyfreind yeh whatever
rip you all

rofan1010
23rd Sep 2005, 04:41
yeah so what, iv'e got a job in america, all i can say is how's your nose with all that brown stuff all over it, must be weighing you down.