PDA

View Full Version : B1 over Portsmouth?

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
11th Aug 2005, 15:34
My son lives near Portsmouth and he's pretty sure there was a B1 over there this afternoon around 2.15BST heading NE.

Can anyone confirm that and/or say what it was doing?

collybat
11th Aug 2005, 15:51
landed at raf mildenhall with a second b1 and awac in attendance also

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
11th Aug 2005, 15:54
Thanks collybat..

northernboyo
11th Aug 2005, 16:00
Inbound from Portsmouth to Eastborne for display.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
11th Aug 2005, 16:19
Thanks northernboyo..... looks likes a trip to the seaside is called for this weekend!

Widger
11th Aug 2005, 17:22
I saw it as well. In my PROFESSIONAL opinion (HD :ok: ) it was heading about 080 at about 2500-3000'. A very nice sight. Pointed it out to Mrs Widger who was equally impressed.

AlanM
11th Aug 2005, 19:41
HD - you are spoilt for choice me old.

As well as Eastbourne, there is the show on at Blenheim Palace this weekend.

(And I think some Reds at Bournemouth tomorrow - 1200?)

treadigraph
11th Aug 2005, 22:36
Plus Kenley on Saturday (gratis, less a small donation to whatever fund they are supporting) and Redhill on Sunday. I plan to do both assuming hangovers don't intervene...

paulc
12th Aug 2005, 06:05
So Shoreham can expect a flying display by a B1 this weekend then :)

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
12th Aug 2005, 06:51
Kenley? Gee, I thought that was a housing estate. I used to fly in gliders there as an Air Cadet in the 50s!!

Thanks for all the gen folks - greatly appreciated.

treadigraph
12th Aug 2005, 07:05
Nah mate, Kenley's still a gliding site with ATC (or whatever) plastic gliders now, plus Surrey Hills GC who fly when the RAF lot aren't. Area outside of the peri-track is common land owned by the Corporation of London, so hopefully Ghengis Ken can't get his hands on it.

Thank God it's not a housing estate!

Don't think there's a Bone on the programme though!

Cheers

Treadders

mattd2k
12th Aug 2005, 07:14
I was actually trying to teach PPL Ex 10.2 yesterday around the Goodwood area when we paused the lesson to watch the B1 go past. I knew it was going to be around this weekend but it still suprised me when it went by. Looked awesome from 3500'.

Around 16.45 I was over Brighton returning to Shoreham when the Harrier departed to Eastbourne. It was quite an experience to see it hurtling towards us 1000' below. We were then treated to a high speed fly by when it returned after it's display.

There is a lot going on at Shoreham this weekend as some of the a/c for the Eastbourne show are basing there. Yesterday we were visited by 3 Gazelle's a Lynx and a Chinook, a pair of Tucano's and a Harrier.

Looks like I'm in for a interesting weekend. :ok:

BRL
12th Aug 2005, 11:27
Shoreham webcam here-------> WEBCAM (http://www.shorehamairport.co.uk/webcam)

Anyone know what time the reds will be at Eastbourne today?