PDA

View Full Version : ALAE Tech Log

growler
1st Jul 2000, 14:15
Are the last 2 pages of everybody else's 'Tech Log' blank this month, or is it just mine? The last page with anything written on it in my copy is page 13. Have I missed anything?

Penn Doff
1st Jul 2000, 14:32
Growler you are not alone

Also further to your info on the JAR 66 course at CSE, it is one day to short to allow tax relief. Not a good bit of planning as it means it will cost us an extra 240quid.

------------------
"please report further"

growler
1st Jul 2000, 16:12
Mmmmmmm...... perhaps we could speak with CSE and ask them to designate it a 4 week course, even if it's completed in less time? I have had an 'off the record' chat with a surveyor from Charlie Alpha squared, who has suggested that engineer Licensing may be able to give us a better route to JAR66 than modules 20 & 21. However, he also said that at present the failure rate for people sitting JAR 66 exam (first licence attempts) is 80%. As said before, at £839 I dont want to be a CSE guinea pig. Think I'll be calling Engineer Licensing Monday!

spannersatcx
1st Jul 2000, 21:59
You could always visit the ALAE website at http://www.lae.mcmail.com the latest issue of Tech log has been there for about 2 weeks now, no pages missing!!! As far as I know, perhaps if people wrote more letters to them it might get filled up!

aeroguru
3rd Jul 2000, 18:00
Those two pages are actually an article by myself on my understanding of current trends in aircraft maintenance.

H721
4th Jul 2000, 15:55
maybe AG's article is 2 much for an engineer.

also it sounds like cxspanner is a fine advocate of ALEA. are u the treasurer of ALEA and with more members more money is on your side?? haha.

------------------
Not much of an engineer

spannersatcx
4th Jul 2000, 22:13
H721, unfortunately no I'm not the treasurer, I'm just a humble member of the ALAE, no harm in trying to promote the ALAE as it's the only body that truly represents the Licensed Engineer and to hopefully maintain us some sort status in the industry. Might see you in September as I'll be over on recurrent traing for the scarebus!

H721
5th Jul 2000, 14:35
cxspanner,

as i'd burn most of my annual leave and looks i'll have to work almost everyday (i'm still on the 4on4off pattern)after august.

give me a call and we'll have drinks in the dakota club.

------------------
Not much of an engineer

Penn Doff
5th Jul 2000, 21:33
P*!s up in Honkers, are we all invited?

------------------
"please report further"

Satis
6th Jul 2000, 08:21
aeroguru.....excellent...although I think it went across the bow!!!!