PDA

View Full Version : hey need some help!! help please!!

Akshay174
11th Aug 2005, 10:57
hey my names akshay.. and i am 17.. next april i will be turning 18 and finshing my A Levels! i wihs to become a airline pilot and soon fly for a airline company! but i have no experience what so ever in flying a plane or any of the exams that will take place...

money is not a matter to mee.. but i just like to know from your opinion which are the top best 5 flying schools which i can go to which will take me from A to B and teach me everything i know and succesfully help me to earn the pilots license!

Please may everyone out ther help me make my deciision... so far i have loooked at ..

Oxford Aviation Trainig
Flight Trainig Europe SL (Spain - Jerez)
Cabair Flying School

these are all good.. but can you help me and let me know if there are any other good ones out there.. and which one is the best that you would recomend me to go to..!

Thank you all sooooo much for your help!

Chat 2 u lataa... waitin for your replies ;)

Playtime_fontayne
11th Aug 2005, 12:21
Firstly I'd go to your local flying school and take a trial lesson.

See if u like it

G SXTY
11th Aug 2005, 13:07
1) Go and get a trial lesson, as already advised.

2) If “u” like it, go and get a class 1 medical, without which “u” will not be a commercial pilot. Refer to the CAA website for details.

3) Please don’t take this the wrong way – this is not a lecture from the spelling police - but bear in mind that most airlines have big long application forms, requiring you to write about yourself, your qualifications, your achievements, etc. If your grammar is poor and you cannot spell, you will almost certainly fall at the first hurdle. If spelling isn’t your thing, write your posts in ‘Word’ or similar first, and run them through a spell checker.

And before anyone starts lecturing me that “it doesn’t matter – it’s only an internet forum”, it does matter – think of it as practice for filling in those application forms.

GusHoneybun
11th Aug 2005, 13:18
Also, if someone can't be bothered to check what they write, then why should we bother to waste our time with a reply.

People looking to become professional pilots should at least try to act professional.

Akshay174
11th Aug 2005, 14:09
Hey my names Akshay, and I am 17 years old. Next April I will be turning 18 and finishing my A Levels! I wish to become an airline pilot and soon fly for a airline company!
I have read the advice you have given to me and I will attend the flying club and se if I like flying or not, but I still have no idea what so ever which school I will join for aviation. I have always dreamed of becoming a pilot so im pretty sure I will do the course some where, but the question is where?
Money is not a mater to me, but I just like to know from your opinion which are the top best 5 flying schools which I can join, which will take me from A to B and teach me everything I need to know and successfully help me to earn the pilots license!

Please may everyone out there help me make my decision, So far I have looked at the following Training schools:

Oxford Aviation Training
Flight Training Europe SL (Spain - Jerez)
Cabair Flying School

These are all highly recommended as far as I know but I still have no idea where to go!
Can you please help me and let me know if there are any other good flight training schools out there which I am unaware of! Also it would help if you mentioned where you would recommended me to go to please.

Thank you all so much for your help!

Can someone please help?
Thank you

Hey my names Akshay, and I am 17 years old. Next April I will be turning 18 and finishing my A Levels! I wish to become an airline pilot and soon fly for an airline company!
I have read the advice you have given to me and I will attend the flying club and se if I like flying or not, but I still have no idea what so ever which school I will join for aviation. I have always dreamed of becoming a pilot so im pretty sure I will do the course some where, but the question is where?
Money is not a mater to me, but I just like to know from your opinion which are the top best 5 flying schools which I can join, which will take me from A to B and teach me everything I need to know and successfully help me to earn the pilots license!

Please may everyone out there help me make my decision, So far I have looked at the following Training schools:

Oxford Aviation Training
Flight Training Europe SL (Spain - Jerez)
Cabair Flying School

These are all highly recommended as far as I know but I still have no idea where to go!
Can you please help me and let me know if there are any other good flight training schools out there which I am unaware of! Also it would help if you mentioned where you would recommend me to go to please.

Thank you all so much for your help!

Can someone please help?
Thank you

G-SP0T
11th Aug 2005, 14:39
still a couple of mistakes, go on - one more try...

G SXTY
11th Aug 2005, 15:51
Try a search on these forums using the keywords "modular" and "integrated".

'What school should I choose?' is probably the most frequently asked question on wannabes, so you'll find lots and lots of useful information there.

Fergal20
11th Aug 2005, 16:44
Lol Akshay!!

Lol = Laugh out loud (for G SXTY and GusHoneybun):D

BEagle
11th Aug 2005, 17:19
Good luck, Akshay. The advice to take a trial flying lesson with a local club, then to confim you are able to hold a Class 1 medical is very sound indeed.

I have to ask why you wish to become an airline pilot if you have no experience of flying?

Nevertheless, if money is no problem an integrated course in Jerez would be my first choice! if only for the weather, campus and Spanish environment!

Vee One...Rotate
11th Aug 2005, 17:41
You could always try for sponsorship, even though you say you're in the (enviable) position of not being too fussed about financing a self-sponsored course. Have a good luck around these forums for more info.

V1R

Lee Frost
11th Aug 2005, 22:41
Something a bit dodgy about you Akshay

Charlie Zulu
11th Aug 2005, 23:28
What I would suggest would be to attend the Professional Flight Training Exhibition run by Flyer magazine and held at a Heathrow Airport hotel each March and November.

Most, if not all, of the training providors attend these exhibitions and it is a good chance to speak to each of them without having to travel the length and breadth of the country.

Once this is done then you can make a short list to actually visit in person to get an idea about the schools you have in mind. Speak to past students, current students etc...

Also I'll second Beagle's wisedom in obtaining a Class 1 Medical and a trial lesson. The first is to ensure you're fit to fly professionally and the second is to see if you actually do like flying!

There are two routes to gaining the necessary licences, one is quicker and quite expensive (Integrated), the other *usually* takes a little longer but is *usually* a little less expensive (Modular). There are many people who post on here who think Modular is the way to go whereas other say Integrated is the only way.

What I say is it is totally up to you. Only you can decide whether to go down the Integrated or Modular route. Each person is different with different circumstances. The licence you end up with is the same at the end of the day.

All the best.

Fergal20
12th Aug 2005, 08:39
Something a bit dodgy about you Akshay

Yeah, he's 17, didn't you read his post? Give the guy a break for crying out loud.:}

one-punch-mickey
12th Aug 2005, 08:40
I say Beagle old chap, I could have sworn I read one of your posts recently saying that you would never employ a pilot who has not trained in good old blightey?! :confused:

scroggs
12th Aug 2005, 13:21
If money is honestly no object, then any of the schools you mention will be glad to take it from you. Those three are the only providers of an 'Integrated' training course as regulated by the CAA, but you should also consider CTC, whose course is very similar, if not actually strictly an integrated product.

There are, as others have suggested, no end of schools offering the 'Modular' course, usually for somewhat less money. Which you decide on entirely depends upon your own priorities.

What are Integrated and Modular courses? Try a search - and before that, go and look in the 'Archive Reference Thread - READ BEFORE YOU POST A QUESTION' at the top of this forum.

As has already been mentioned, you should go and try flying before you commit someone else's money to your training, and it is vital that you obtain a Class 1 medical. I would also advise you to consider taking the GAPAN aptitude tests, to ensure that all that money is being wisely spent on someone who has a realistic chance of completing the course successfully. After all, £65,000 (or more) is a lot to waste, even if money 'is no matter'!

Scroggs

Akshay174
13th Aug 2005, 11:07
hey every one... thanks for helping me out in my decision!

i will most definetly take a flying lesson to see if i do honestly like it.. but i have always dreamt of becoming a pilot.

im sure with hard work i can push my self to finishing the course at a high standard!

Thanks everyone for your help

llien14
13th Aug 2005, 15:04
akshay,

check your PMs

chapers
13th Aug 2005, 18:15
if only for the weather, campus and Spanish environment!

And by 'Spanish environment' I take it you are referring to the female elements in and around the campus vicinity? ;)

Rob :ok:

Left Wing
15th Aug 2005, 10:05
Akshay

If you have dual citizenship UK & India you are in the zone mate. You can take your pik where you want to work after for training. India needs approx 2000 pilots in the next 2-3 yrs.:ok: