PDA

View Full Version : Any Success Stories??

BeerMan
11th Aug 2005, 08:32
Hi All,

I am sure that there must be other threads that answer my query, but I can't seem to find anything.

I have read a lot of stories on this site and hear how tough it is to get the dream job in the airlines. And for the majority of people, it's true that we have to do it pretty tough and put in thousands of hours.

I was wondering though. For every handful of people that are doing it tough, there must be one or two who get into the airlines with minimum requirements.

I would really like to hear from anybody who has got into QANTAS or VB with minimum requirements (or at least close to). It would be interesting to understand what your circumstances were (say age, flying experience, etc) and why you think you got in ahead of the thousands of others with many more hours than yourself (right place right time? knew somebody? had an interesting background in another industry?).

I am a realist, and I know that this kind of scenario is not the norm, but nevertheless it would be nice to hear some positive stories and learn from them.

It could be good for the soul, provide encouragement, and hey, might even learn something.

Thanks in advance.

BeerMan....

Capt Claret
11th Aug 2005, 08:58
Don't work for QF or VB and as an old farte with more than min experience can't directly answer your question but .....

[list=1]
Johnny/Jill on the spot,
Know someone.
[/list=1]