PDA

View Full Version : Not Exactly a Computer Question...

MightyGem
10th Aug 2005, 20:00
...but sort of, and I'm sure someone knows the answer.

I have an HP digital camera that prints via a USB cord to an HP Photosmart printer. In the camera menu I can select a wide range of print sizes from contact to A4, and they are arranged on the A4 photpaper to make best use of the sheet.

I am now considering buying a Panasonic Digital zoom camera.

Will I be able to put the card(same type) into the HP and print from it?

Thanks

Conan the Librarian
11th Aug 2005, 00:00
Why not? If the card is the same format and your shots themselves are common to both cameras (usually jpg) there is nothing else to worry about - other than the quality of your shots. Don't worry - everything should be fine.

Only thing I can think of is this - Some cameras display error messages if the cards have been formatted in another camera - or even the computer. Always format the card in the camera itself.

Thinking more about this, I take it that you have a home computer? The software that comes with every camera I can think of, should let you print in all sorts of sizes and formats. Failing that, there are some very cheap (and also free) utilities to fiddle about with shots to your hearts content.

Happy shooting!

Conan the Librarian
11th Aug 2005, 21:22
I asked a pal that bought my old camera, to see if it would read the card on his original one and that seems to work ok. If this is really important, I would suggest that you try before you buy.

I keep getting the nagging feeling that I have forgotten something here, hence the request for the above experiment...

Still very optimistic,

Conan

MightyGem
12th Aug 2005, 03:55
Thanks Conan. I believe that the new one should print direct to the printer, but the choices menu is not as good.