PDA

View Full Version : EK accelerated command program

balsam
10th Aug 2005, 19:42
hello all.

any info about the accelerated command program these days in EK?

do i have to be a captain to qulify or just a f/o with lots of hrs. and how many .

thanx all

SandIgger
10th Aug 2005, 20:14
I like to think of it as more of a De-celerated DEC Program...

Whichever way you look at it, it's still a queue-jumping process over an admittedly "highly qualified" group of FOs.

Are the FOs qualified to be promoted or aren't they??? :confused:

Apparently you'll need several thousand hours previously logged as a Capt if you want to jump the queue after 18 months.

Your thousands and thousands of hours as an FO on jets will not help you to the LHS unless you serve 3 years with EK in the RHS. (min)

Global Nomad
10th Aug 2005, 21:03
Precisely

An interesting statement but consider the following...

Experience and ability are both questionable statements. Neither can be easily qualified.

Emirates lists minimum requirements for various objectives but in reality they are meaningless.

330 Man
11th Aug 2005, 03:10
The command priority for EK is:

Qualified first officers who have completed 3 years. This is 6000tt and 4000 on aircraft of 10 tons or more.

If there are none, then accelerated command of first officers who have 8000tt with 2000pic of aircraft over 55 tons and 18 months with EK.

If there are neither of these then DEC's.

These are a few of the requirements regarding flight time. There are other requirements to be met before upgrade.

We are currently accelerating on the 777 but not airbus.

On the airbus I am sure that there are pleanty of "normal command" first officers to fill all of the required upgrade positions for the next couple of years. The guys in upgrade class now are all at the 3 year mark, but who know's if that trend will continue.

We will run out of first officers eligible to upgrade on the 777 in April of next year, so unless we start to allow transition upgrades, (not likely)we will again hire DEC's to the 777.

Hope it helps,

330 man

stuck-in-the-sand
11th Aug 2005, 05:29
777 DEC candidates under going interview process AS WE WRITE!

SPOILERS
11th Aug 2005, 05:40
Stuck in the sand while i am sure EK will hire DEC's again i have not heard of any interviews or indeed the planning of any for DEC's at the present time. Where are you getting this information from? there have been numerous false threads in the last few months about the DEC program starting up again.
You could on the other hand be 100% right as we are always the last to be told anything.
If it is true then i think managment have just lit the blue touchpaper........

stuck-in-the-sand
11th Aug 2005, 11:48
Spoilers,

I won't divulge my source but I assure you that the interviews are underway.

Now, that's not to say that anybody will be hired immediately, but the intention is confirmed.