PDA

View Full Version : Help

Carpass
17th Nov 2000, 23:46
Hi
Long time listener, first time caller. I'm studying for a Cat X electrical licence and I'm stumped on air leg.
1. How many copies of a load sheet are done and where do they go?
2. What's the 1st thing an engineer does when he gets his licence?
Any help much appreciated

Mike Echo
17th Nov 2000, 23:56
Can't answer your first question but the 1st thing to do with your licence is sign it. I think it used to be a standard CAA oral question.
Good luck

WenWe
18th Nov 2000, 22:02
While ago but:
#2 - feel a huge weight come off shoulders,grin & feel smug,out on the sauce with the lads to celebrate!
Years later, wonder why bothered.
Cynic,me?????

Multi-X
21st Nov 2000, 02:37
Load sheets, 2 copies, One for the gate agent so a record stays on the ground, the other goes back to the company with the rest of the crews paperwork ( plogs, fuel chits etc) after the flight.

PILLOW
21st Nov 2000, 08:55
Q2 i got this wrong 25 years ago and they still ask the same question

Q1 definitely 2 copies

aeroguru
21st Nov 2000, 18:40
Sign it.Show to Qual dept.Feel proud.
Then think about the fact that you are now going to be constantly re-qualifying from now on.Does anyone know of this in other professions.J.A.R.66,TYPE COURSES,recurrent training,e.g.r. sims,training for other lic. cats.
aaagh!I'm off for a cold one.Aaagh!cannot AWN47 TO CONSIDER!

Carpass
24th Nov 2000, 04:50
Many thanks, got an exam date for Jan. Mind if I keep asking?
Cheers

Clever Bloke
24th Nov 2000, 20:16
Bearing in mind, if you show it to your Quality Dept they will make a copy of it and use your licence when they give the CAA details of numbers of Licenced Engineers working for them.

Very underhand especially if you aren't using your licence!!!!

aeroguru
25th Nov 2000, 18:26
but should the answer really be read it and check for errors before signing?

Gen Brace
25th Nov 2000, 22:56
Sat air leg on wednesday things are gettin trickier now. Gen up on your JAR 66 qualification periods simple questions worded to catch you out,caught me out. again!