PDA

View Full Version : North South Divide ?

Shy_Ted
1st Apr 2000, 12:49
Having recently spoken to two old mates who work for different companies down south I find that this years pay rises are 3.5 and 4 per cent respectively.
Now having taken a small poll of the North West area the average rises appear to be around 2.5 to 3 per cent.
Rather miffed. N/S divide. Or what!!!!!

spannersatcx
1st Apr 2000, 14:47
Depends what the 3.5-4% is on in the first place, doesn't cost 500000 for a 2 bed flat though!

The Freq
1st Apr 2000, 17:48
Shandy is cheap in the south though !!!!

spannersatcx
2nd Apr 2000, 01:38
Not as good as the cream of the North though.
Personally speaking we have noticed a difference in new starters wages between our counterparts in the south, i.e. they get more, however we have fought for the same for our newer starters and it seems we may have a result. So yes there is a divide, having coming from down south to up north I'd never go back though, further to get to Old Trafford, went today and there was definately a North South divide there.

Tnuoc Alucard
2nd Apr 2000, 03:54
Your right, it does not cost 50 grand for a 2 bed flat, more like 60 grand. 3 bed semi 150 thousand, very expensive here. you guys have it made. Try east west divide too.( But not as far as NI)

greaseytech
2nd Apr 2000, 04:14
Speeking as a plastic Scouser I would love to go back uo north, but as my kids are in a rather traumatic time at school (GCSE's) I am stuck. Our house is a 4 bed detatched in Beds and is worth approx 120k, so immagine what I could get for that in Moss Side! A whole (or hole?) tower block may be?

growler
3rd Apr 2000, 18:46
Where do you get a 4 bed detached for 120k in Beds greasey? I've got a 3 bed semi in Beds and thats benn valued at 120k