PDA

View Full Version : What's to do in Dubai?

kiwipilot02
10th Aug 2005, 09:54
I'm coming over from New Zealand in Sept for a bit of a holiday and look around, just wanting any suggestions on things to do aviation wise in Dubai.Or any must do or must see things?.

Warlock2000
10th Aug 2005, 10:56
I suggest calling up one of your EK NZ mates and looking at income vs expenses the last few years!
:ok:

SandIgger
10th Aug 2005, 11:20
suggestions on things to do aviation wise in DubaiYou're welcome to do my night turn-around Delhi, if you want.

Otherwise, be sure to check out the world's glitziest, tallest, underwater, newest, Old Worlde, 11-Star, indoor, high-rise ski resort.

SecurID
10th Aug 2005, 11:39
be sure to check out the world's glitziest, tallest, underwater, newest, Old Worlde, 11-Star, indoor, high-rise ski resort

You forgot to mention that it's only Dhs185, all you can eat and drink! Inclusive of VAT (at the moment!)

Other than Biggest, Deepest, Tallest etc. etc. The nation is also home to some of the Fattest people around! Probably as a result of all the 'eat and drink as much as you can in four hours' deals.

ODGUY
10th Aug 2005, 14:04
Compared to North Americans, they look anorexic. :yuk:

Vorsicht
10th Aug 2005, 14:36
Go to the Cinema to see the worlds rudest people yelling on their phones....

Go to Sheikh Zayed Road to see the worlds fastest people trying to run you off the road......

Go to KFC to see the worlds Fattest people shovelling dead chooks into their heads....

Go to the beach to see the worlds stupidest people trying to swim with a sheet wrapped around them......

Go to a construction site to see the worlds hardest workers working in 43deg heat.....

Any others?????

Gendec
10th Aug 2005, 15:12
Vorsicht;

Forgot the Yorkie or the american hospital, equivalent of K street in Auckland, definetly worth a trial.

:=

ratpoison
10th Aug 2005, 15:28
Ha ha ha ha ha. Dealing with all the bulls##t here, its a good laugh to see some of the lads have not lost their sense of humour. !!! Classic Vorsicht .

Vorsicht
10th Aug 2005, 15:35
Damn, I almost forgot...

Cyclone, to see the Worlds friendliest people......

ATIS
10th Aug 2005, 18:51
Vorsicht,

You beat me to it.

Was told by an EK mate to go there and check it out.

WOWWWWWW It gives pic n mix a new meaning.

Some amazing stunners there.

SandIgger
10th Aug 2005, 19:47
Okay, I can dig it..... :

Go to the camel races and see the world's youngest child jockeys velcroed on the back of a camel...

Go to the Hatta Road and see BMW models you never even wet-dreamed of existing before wrapped around power poles on mile-long, dead-straight stretches of road.

Go to Madinat and see the world's oldest brand new Olde Worlde village...

Go to Silicon Valley Vill-ahge and see the world's biggest collection of whinging pilots in captivity in the world... (soon...)

Go to the Irish Vill-ahge and see the world's surliest Irish back-packer beer-wenches...

Go to the Gulf to see the world's newest islands before they sink back into the Gulf...

Go to Satwa and get the world's best copy DVDs.... ("Good copee, Meestah...")

Go to the gold souk for the world's yellowest gold and best copy watches...

Go to one of the new Cabin Crew high-rises and see the world's greasiest collection of lebos hanging around outside sniffing...

Did I miss anything??

gccpro
10th Aug 2005, 20:52
.............................and come to visit Dubai where every law made simply sounds like its got to be broken!

Come and meet our F/O groupies, still undecided if their Mohamed is different, or whether he is really westernised.

Come see the Dubai zoo, a fantastic unit with no geographic limitations, and meet the primates driving the same cars wrapped around the poles in the previous post on the str8 stretch of road and you will understand why they are there.

:E

Global Nomad
10th Aug 2005, 21:23
With all due respect sheep shagger... did you expect a serious reply?

Vorsicht
10th Aug 2005, 21:55
Geez GN

Haven't you got a CC member to discipline or something. You seem to have way too much time on your hands.

Forgot to mention to drop in a watch the worlds best airline management order some more long range jets with no crew rest.

kiwipilot02
10th Aug 2005, 22:36
GN . Can I meet up with you there I'll bring you a young hogget, they are sheep that are still virgins as my gift to you?.

dicksynormous
10th Aug 2005, 23:46
Or stay at home and read pprune for the worlds longest list of repettitive threads asking or whinging about EK and sparking the worlds most tiresome argument being perpetuated by people like me...erm I think;)

gccpro
11th Aug 2005, 07:50
KP02

Can we mail order HOggets for Christmas, I am sure the young cadets woul love a harem of these. They would also make a cheaper alternative to the groupies and the belching is not as strenuous....

ratpoison
11th Aug 2005, 08:03
And as long as they are Virgins, can ya bring 70 over with you. ??

journeyman
11th Aug 2005, 16:02
I thought young Hogget opens the bowling for England...

Austin Holed
11th Aug 2005, 17:36
Sounds like GN's more of a roo fan, or maybe even a wombat. Be pretty hard for him to get a real live dinkum human sheila with a personality like that ;)

PS: Can I get that hogget's mobile number?

Global Nomad
11th Aug 2005, 21:34
One question for you Austin.

Whose going to win the rugby on Saturday?

Austin Holed
12th Aug 2005, 12:26
Forget about the rugby, you guys need to concentrate on the cricket! ;)

ExSimGuy
13th Aug 2005, 03:39
We forgot to mention The Jockey Club - More pic & mix, but somewhat not as gorgeous.

(wear your padlockedunderwear ;) )