View Full Version : Wizz loads from LPL to Cracow(Katowice)

eoinok
10th Aug 2005, 07:58
Hi folks, just wondering if anyone has any info on what sort of numbers they are getting on this route???

I am considering travelling with them on this route in November. I will be flying with FR into LPL from ORK and connecting onwards with them.

Reason I ask is that we got "caught" before with them when we were due to fly ex LTN to BUD with them but they pulled the one flight out of the 3 a day (or was it 2?) they were doing at the time and offered us seats on the alternate flites but we couldn’t make it in on time from Cork (bus from STN to LTN).
I wasn’t too bad as we booked instead then with EZY.

If we book to fly into LPL and onwards with wizz, and they pull the flight in us, we have no other choice of operator out of Liverpool like we have/would have in the London area....... I know the chances of lightening striking twice is slim but.... :)

Any help would be much appreciated.....

Eoinok

Bagso
10th Aug 2005, 09:08
You could always try Sky Travel Europe From Manchester....

lagerlout
10th Aug 2005, 09:47
think he means sky europe ex MAN, wizz laods are steady enough ex LPL (nothin spectacular) they have not been any cancellations in some time if my memory serves me correct. It would cost them too much money as there are oly four flts a week to wrasaw and 4 to katwoice with Wizz exs LPL hope this helps.

eoinok
10th Aug 2005, 11:32
Cheers Bagso.... I could do ex MAN alrite if Liverpool falls through....we are hopeing to travel Wednesday and Sky go out Thursday but if one had to spend an nite in Liverpool (a group of lads!!!) I am sure it wouldn;t kill us :)

I think you may be correct a well lagerlout.... a lot easier and cost effective for them to cancel one flite from a destination when they have multiple flites going a day from it, than it is to cancel just one flite every 2nd day.... as in ex LPL....

MerchantVenturer
10th Aug 2005, 13:32
Hi folks, just wondering if anyone has any info on what sort of numbers they are getting on this route???
CAA stats show 4369 pax used the route in June and 4036 in May.

I don't know how many rotations per month there are so can't establish the average loads.

eoinok
10th Aug 2005, 14:37
Hi MerchantVenturer,
They have 3 rotations a week. i.e. 3 flights a week and are using A320's in 180 seat configuration.

so that is 180 seats * 3 a week * 4 weeks(a month) * 2legs(each way) = 4320 seats??

If my calculations are right, and the CAA stats are correct, they must have 100% loading on the route!!!!???

MerchantVenturer
10th Aug 2005, 14:44
Does look questionable doesn't it?

Those are the figures published by the CAA.

The below link will take you to June's figures - in pdf format.

http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/80/airport_data_prov/200506/June_2005_Provisional_International_Routes.pdf

egnxema
10th Aug 2005, 15:14
Can anyone point me to the right place on the CAA website for comparison of total pax figures per month compared to the same month last year?

StephenM_SMC
10th Aug 2005, 15:29
See the link above, for June of this year comparing with June of last year.

Are there statistics available along the same lines publised for Ireland? (ie by the IAA?)

MerchantVenturer
10th Aug 2005, 15:40
http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?categoryid=80

This link will take you to the CAA stats site.

Click on UK Airport Statistics in the top left and you will bring up a list of years/months. Click on your chosen month and you will be presented with a menu of various headings, including airport totals, international routes, domestic routes, diversions etc.

Click on the section you require and you can bring up the relevant details in either csv or pdf (much clearer to digest) format.

The latest figures relate to May of this year and in such things as airport outputs and international and domestic route figures they always give a comparison with the same month 12 months before.

For June (July will be out later this month) click on UK Airport Provisional Statistics (just under UK Airport Statistics). This only includes Provisional Airport stats and Provisional International Route stats, but they do include a comparison with the previous year.

wawkrk
10th Aug 2005, 17:32
Dont know about the flights to Katowice (nowhere near Krakow)
But most flights to Krakow are full.
We had more visitors than Prague this summer.
Three weeks ago, the nearest spare Hotel beds were 25km outside the city.
Probably because Krakow is much better than Prague.

dwlpl
10th Aug 2005, 18:41
The LPL/Katowice route has carried more than 19k pax since it started last December.

piston pete
10th Aug 2005, 18:58
Hi MerchantVenturer,
They have 3 rotations a week. i.e. 3 flights a week and are using A320's in 180 seat configuration.

so that is 180 seats * 3 a week * 4 weeks(a month) * 2legs(each way) = 4320 seats??

If my calculations are right, and the CAA stats are correct, they must have 100% loading on the route!!!!???

Up until the end of June Wizz operated the flight 4 times per week which explains the anomaly.

eoinok
15th Aug 2005, 14:32
piston pete, you are prbably spot on!!!

So it would be safe enough to say so that they had a 75% load factor!!!

Anyway, I've booked the flights into Katowice. I am coming from Cork in Ireland so I dont have a whole pile of options available to me......

If only Stansted was in Cork, what fun I would have!!!

Tom the Tenor
15th Aug 2005, 20:00
Cork to Warsaw with EI for about 141 Euros. Sounds good to me and as for ORK-STN the Mrs booked a one way to STN for a pal for just 12 euro including tax and with FR increasing STN-ORK to 6 daily it is as good as having STN at Cork? ORK-STN-ZAZ (Zaragoza) 120 euro in total for the pair of us! Cant beat that?

eoinok
16th Aug 2005, 17:20
Defo 6 daily to STN will be mighty.

Had looked at the WAW option but it just didn;t suit.

We want to have a full day Thurs, fri, sat in Krakow.
With EI we woudl waste 1/2 the day traveling down from WAW to Krakow (i've done it before lst year so trust me on this one)

lagerlout
16th Aug 2005, 20:21
Is LPL becoming some sort of bizarre hub, a small stn of the north!