PDA

View Full Version : 737NG question

Watchdog
10th Aug 2005, 00:33
Could someone operating a 737NG enlighten me.... does the NG have a 'hot' intercom (like my current bus) or does it have to be held on.

If no, any hassles conversing at noisy times? (ie. fast down low)

Many thanks

WD

Dehavillanddriver
10th Aug 2005, 03:54
Hot Mics are a customer option using the PTT on the yoke.

Some are spring loaded and some are not - it just depends on what the person doing the spec ticked in the catalogue.

There are no hassles conversing when the aircraft is noisiest - low and fast.

It isn't the quietest aeroplane in the world though!

Parcelpup
10th Aug 2005, 07:41
That said, a lot of us are now using noise cancelling headsets in my airline and like to have the intercom on all the time during the cruise because of this.

Therefore a couple of elastic bands work well. Consequently ATC volumes a lot lower too and no shouting across the flight deck, can be awkward if your Captain's getting a bit deaf!

IRRenewal
10th Aug 2005, 08:09
Hot Mics are a customer option using the PTT on the yoke.Our NGs have a hot mike I/C switch on the audio selector panel. The PTT switch on the yoke overrides the I/C. Ideal if you ask me.

mbcxharm
10th Aug 2005, 12:25
Hot mikes and dinner time can make for an unpleasant listening experience sometimes though :)

Watchdog
10th Aug 2005, 21:28
thanks for the insight. The mini-bus I fly has the hot mike on the audio selector panel too - works well with the ANR headset...looks like I can keep it for the 73 then :ok:

Dehavillanddriver
11th Aug 2005, 21:55
The difference may be the plugs on the headset.

I thought that the airbus used canon type connectors and I know the Boeing uses phono type connectors.

I use a Sennheiser ANR headset in the NG and it works fine.

Watchdog
12th Aug 2005, 01:14
Dehav,

yep you can have the Sennheiser with either plug type (I've got the PL type for the bus). Would have to get an adapter to fit on the end to go to the standard type such as used in the NG.

rubik101
12th Aug 2005, 15:44
And would all you rich types with your fancy headsets please plug the fitted headset back in when you finish your shift?

fury
13th Aug 2005, 02:01
I find the 73 a very noisy a/c. Ours do not have hot mics and it is hard to get used to not having one. I have to speak deliberately louder to be heard. I get home and the missus us up me for the rent for yelling at her. Its also noisy, constantly adjusting the volume control from start up to shut down.