PDA

View Full Version : Video - the forerunner to London City

Dash-7 lover
9th Aug 2005, 23:13
I'm bored and it's probably been posted before and it;s really grainy but I thought I'd live up to my name and give you the link to the first Dash-7 landing at Herons Quay. If you scroll down you can find it . . . .
I'm reminiscing so I apologise!! Also worked with/for Captain Harry Gee and had enormous respect for the man.

Nothing like the 7.5 degree ILS into PLH in a howling gale and IMC conditions followed by what was described as a ''controlled crash'' ....the good old days . . . . . . sigh :->

http://www.lcacc.org/history/origins.html

AlanM
10th Aug 2005, 14:37
I have the whole "history of LCY" mpeg - but it is over 80mb.....

I grew up next to Roborough and watching Bill Bryce and the Twin Otter's/DHC7s made me join aviation!

I also remember watching Bill Bryce at the RAF St Mawgan air day with a brief full of cash, after operating £5 per trip pleasure flights in the twotter.

Great days!

Wycombe
10th Aug 2005, 21:18
.....my Grandmother used to live in Plympton when I was a nipper and I well remember the Dash 7's coming over (almost stationary when a good Devon gale was blowing!) on their way into PLH.

Happy days indeed :D

AlanM
10th Aug 2005, 21:55
Bloody hell mate

Were we separated at birth!??!?! (P.S. Only stalking you part time!!!!)

Dash-7 lover
10th Aug 2005, 22:36
Sitting in the garden in Torpoint waiting for the aircraft to fly over on it's way back from NQY around 2100 each night before finishing homework- that was my childhood!. School careers adviser said I should go and work for a bank but I insisted on working for an airline they gave up on me and a few months later my dream came true . . . .. oh I'm filling up . . . . ...

AlanM
10th Aug 2005, 23:27
Oi

If you had said you were Cornish no-one would have responded!!!

Tee hee

reynoldsno1
10th Aug 2005, 23:53
Did my PPL at Roborough - 'twas all grass then, and the Dash 7 hadn't been invented...:uhoh: