PDA

View Full Version : Dilemna

morroccomole
29th Mar 2000, 07:12
So, you are in a job whereby the small team you work with are only 60% up to the job. Your manager is quite conspicuous by his absence every day,hiding himself away in an office on the other side of the airfield. You can see quite clearly that a lot of the problems could be solved quite easily if the manager had the balls to act/bollock people for not doing their job.
What do you do?
A)sit fat dumb and happy taking the wedge

B)get the hell out of there

C)tell your manager he is useless and suggest he gets of his **** and starts working for his pay.

Answers please

Lamptramp
29th Mar 2000, 23:02
Take option C it won't help you too much but you will feel better when you then adopt option B Best of luck I've been there.

Denzil
30th Mar 2000, 12:12
Any hints as to which airline/company you are with as it sounds familiar?

------------------
"Noted With Thanks"

EVAngelion
30th Mar 2000, 22:37
You are so lucky......the enthuism level at my place hovers in the region of 30%....and the boss is no where in sight....as a matter of fact it took me about 6 months before I knew who he was.......lucky me I did not run into him in the street.

Leatherman
31st Mar 2000, 10:38
The way to kick back is in your delay reports.Whether for line or check or rollout,whatever.Mention everything that you foretold the bosses about and sit back and think of them squirming to the bean counters at the morning meeting.It's a small thing but a gesture of defiance and helps to feel better.Then book some leave in the busiest periods.

phyxit
31st Mar 2000, 19:30
Depends on the manager. If he's a poor slob that's shown himself to be good engineer and got promoted for it he probably knows exactly what's going on but is doing his best to get mountains of stinking paper work done and protect his people (you) from the dangerous idiots above him who think airplanes can pullover when something breaks. He may be afraid he'll burst into tears if he comes to the line and sees you doing the job he wishes he'd never left.

Or he might just be an idiot parachuted in from above.

In either case it's the lead engineer's job, part of what he's paid to for, to let somebody with authority to change the situation know about it before somebody gets hurt.

jobsworth
1st Apr 2000, 00:27
What a predicament!
I think that i would sit on my **** and do nothing.Ride the wave and so on. Remember that stress is a proven killer!
But when you do a job still keep the standards high.