PDA

View Full Version : Metroliner tips

loomit
9th Aug 2005, 15:53
Hey all
I'm lookinig for some operating tips for the Fairchild Metroliner.
I might be going for an interview soon and struggling to get my hands on a POH to do some prep.
Will be my initial turbine rating if i get the job.
any help will be much appreciated.
Thanks.

SebasW
9th Aug 2005, 19:31
Confirm your medical aid will pay out! :ok:

Who's it for?

Gunship
9th Aug 2005, 19:38
Lo loomit,

Hope you have read this thread (just in case) :suspect:

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=176227&highlight=metroliner

Cheers and good luck ! :ok:

Metro man
9th Aug 2005, 23:54
Try this thread as well for few tips.
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=101674&highlight=metro

loomit
10th Aug 2005, 07:33
Will be flying for a small operation in Angola.
Thanks for the help, really appreciate it!

ByAirMail
10th Aug 2005, 08:52
If you get the position, Africa would be the best flying experience you can hope for, believe it, you will even miss it later in your career when managing ( not flying) the airliners.

If the interview go something like “ Can you pay for your rating” take your hat and get out of there.

Here’s wishing you luck

gofor
10th Aug 2005, 10:02
Hiya Loomit

Respect the Weight&balance, bending moment and max load per station (500lbs) if memory serves me. The metro 2 is a fine machine and more of a sports car than the more sluggish III. If you still operate out of Port Amboim take care of casual pedestrians/animals etc. There is a manual in all a/c as required by law which will serve you well as well as trying to get a copy of the Flight Safety manual which explains it all nicely. Most of all enjoy the metro.

Incidently there are about 8 operators of Metros in Southern Africa - so please don't assume all metro drivers come from a cadet scheme as some of you do - then again this is a rumour site and one or two of you get a thrill out of it. The metro/scheme as refered to in the above link has been out of action in FAGG for some time, so don't think this has any reference.