PDA

View Full Version : filter kits

Leatherman
28th Mar 2000, 02:02
Heard about a BA guy at LGW getting sacked for binning new filters and signing off the check card.Hope everyone got their facts right on this because I remember once being issued a kit for two modules and the check only required one so to cut a long story about stores proceedures,the unused one got binned and someone mooching around in the bin picked em out and boy did I have some explaining to do!

aeroguru
29th Mar 2000, 01:28
Don't blame the planners!The storemen can't count.

NFF_PRF
29th Mar 2000, 12:16
Anyone know the guy at Gatwick?

greaseytech
29th Mar 2000, 23:22
There was another thread on this subject in Rumours and News. On this subject, we at Brits used to get filter kits, but now we have to order each individual item which can be very time consuming. I much prefer to have everything on one order.

Back to your story Leatherman, was it not possible to stores return the unused items? Surely each individual 'O' ring and filter assembly has it's own stores batch number? Just a thought.

growler
30th Mar 2000, 07:14
Possibly not able to do what you suggest greasytech.Boeing filter kits (65-90305-xx) come all packaged as a unit with only 1 GRN.If you only needed 1 filter but the kit had 2,the remainder you were left with would be an incomplete kit and I do not know of any storeman whowould accept that under the original GRN. My belief is that you would have to go down the road of recertifying every item left individually, filter, o-rings etc. and we all know what fun that is! Far easier, quicker, better to file them in the big round file!!

On a different note greasytech, did you see a big orange advert in the local press/flight international? Come on in , the waters fine!!!

greaseytech
31st Mar 2000, 03:30
Hi Growler,

No I did not see the ad, but about 18 months ago I was offered a job with EJ. However, between the interview and job offer I was faced with 2 major problems in my personal life that made me stay put. But I might go and have a chat to Perchie to see if I can sneek back in there. Saw Charlie the other day. Haven't seen him since he finished his apprenticeship. It looks to be a friendly place.