PDA

View Full Version : registering with TSA

genius747
9th Aug 2005, 11:47
Just wondering here... I've just registered with TSA online for the atpl course at NAC, does anybody know on average how long are you waiting before you are contacted to pay the TSA fee, 130$ I think?

Any info appreciated,

Thanks

Engine Noise
9th Aug 2005, 17:29
it depends on how fast the school responds, because TSA will contact the school after you have registered. I got mine payment instruction in less than 24 hours!

simonlantos
9th Aug 2005, 21:50
I registered with them several weeks ago. They have taken my $130 and replied via E mail that my application had received 'preliminary' approval to start training but to wait for full approval before starting. I'm booked to go to Florida at the begining of Sept so I'm getting a bit worried. How long should it all take or can I assume I will be able to start training in Sept?. I have my Embassy interview next week. Any idea's? :confused:

Engine Noise
10th Aug 2005, 07:21
have u done your fingerprinting?

simonlantos
10th Aug 2005, 09:04
The Flight school have told me they will arrange fingerprinting for TSA on my arrival with them.

genius747
10th Aug 2005, 11:47
Thats the same with me. the school said they would arrange fingerprinting on arrival... I also have my visa interview this week.

Still no word from TSA to pay my fee yet though?

BigGrecian
11th Aug 2005, 09:41
The impression I have of the way the system works is:

You put your application in listing the school you are intending to train at.

The school you intend to train at receives a list of applications of students who intend to train at their school. Once they confrim your datails the TSA will ask for payment.

Once payment received preliminary approval granted and you will be asked for fingerprints. Once your fingerprints are received you should receive approval to start training (subject to passport photocopies etc)

Ensure your flight school gives you the correct information, I know of one that didn't ensure the information was correct for dates of study etc.

SILENT_BADGER
18th Aug 2005, 22:11
Guys you can submit your fingerprints before arrival in the US. The before part is done at Flight Safety at Farnborough airfield.

The email you get back after paying the $130 should give you instructions to do this.

About a week after you do this you get another email saying you have full permission to initiate training. If you live near Hampshire you might find this saves you a bit of time out in the States.