PDA

View Full Version : A lot of money????

The hippy
25th Mar 2000, 01:31
Heard a rumour that,

1/ fls made 120 million pound loss last year.
2/ Fls the parent company (cement industry) are being taken to the european courts for subsidizeing the aviation side of the company to allow a cut rate maintance package to customers, so under cutting all other third party maintance outfits.

ARE THESE RUMOURS TRUE???????

morroccomole
26th Mar 2000, 21:09
Not quite true hippy. They (FLS Aerospace) lost 212million Danish Kroner (17.5 Million GBP). Still a lot of money though. They are claiming the purchase of TEAM Lingus as major contributory factor.
FLS Industies have stated in a staff newsletter that they continue to back the aerospace side. Head Honcho Stefan Harporth has shouldered responsibility and committed hari kari (quit). His successor is to be announced shortly.
FLS are firmly committed to becoming the Worlds #1 maintenance provider and have a bottomless pit of money to help them.

greaseytech
27th Mar 2000, 01:33
If they (FLS) are so good, why, when I ask people who have worked there, contract or permenant, are they to a man, glad to leave? One bloke says that he will never fly Ryanair as he knows how scantily maintained the Ryanair aircraft are. What have FLS to say about that?

morroccomole
27th Mar 2000, 21:29
Speaking as an insider I can confirm that one FLS customer, although very happy with it's Line operation, is less than happy with the C/D check treatment of their aircraft and the support services (Technical Services QA etc)
I have also been told that the money to buy TEAM did not come out of the aerospace purse but from the parent co. So it looks like even more money now!

NFF_PRF
28th Mar 2000, 02:30
FLS?

Aren't they the lot that made a load of ex Dan Air engineers redundant?
Still it was nice to hear how well they treated these people...............not.

I'd rather sweep streets than work for them.

greycone
28th Mar 2000, 22:26
There is no way that FLS can blame buying TEAM for their losses.They got it for a song.The Irish Government would have given TEAM away for nothing just to get rid of the headache of 900 approx guaranteed jobs for life.

greaseytech
29th Mar 2000, 00:27
I suppose that with the millstone of debt firmly wrapped round the neck of FLS they won't be buying Britannia's heavy maintenance then! I have never heard anything good about FLS.

Blacksheep
30th Mar 2000, 11:40
I think that FLS are brilliant!!!

We made quite a bit of money fixing up aircraft that went through FLS for maintenance. We aren't all that wonderful ourselves but that level of competition makes us shine :)

Through difficulties to the cinema

Techman
31st Mar 2000, 03:16
You are not wrong there Blacksheep.
When ever FLS is around, you better hide your aeroplane.

rerackit
2nd Apr 2000, 04:32
FLS management are jumping ship.When that starts happening its time to go. It used to be a good place to work, producing a quality product. Now nobody has a good word to say about the place. What went so badly wrong that even the senior management are leaving?
I heard a rumour that a 'Major' player left and said he'd give stansted a year.Sour grapes, or a crap rumour?

JetFixer
22nd Apr 2000, 03:40
Reading between the lines, the beancounters at FLS want it to make a paper loss, so that the giant cement company can get some sort of tax break. It doesn't seem they want to make the place a pleasant environment to work in judging by the comments I hear from people who have left.

morroccomole
22nd Apr 2000, 05:40
I dont think it's quite like that. As stated earlier, after the losses were announced the head man committed hari kari. Now a new head man is in and people are falling fast. In the last week 4 senior management have been relieved of their duties:
Component Overhaul Manager
Vice President Aircraft Maint Group
Finance Director
Company Secretary
There is much blood on the diamond hangar floor with promises of more to come...........